• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I submitted my Virginia Non Resident Concealed Handgun Permit application in person at the VA State Police Barracks in Richmond Oct 22nd 2012. I then received my confirmation of receipt in the mail stating they had begin processing my application on Oct 31st 2012. Its been 3 months now that they have been working on my application. In their receipt letter to me they stated the wait time was 8-12 weeks. Emailed them on week eight to check in and they replied that wait time is 8-12 week. I figured id give it till week 13 to call and ask.

Is there anyone else out there who has applied for a non VA resident permit? What was your wait time?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Several years back, mine was just over 30 days. There is an email contact of the VSP web page. IMO you should have gotten your permit by now.

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    45 days is supposed to be the max time for us residents. Give them a call.

Strange I would have sworn that it was 45 days for residents and 90 days for non-residents.

Just read through the law, it says the courts have to issue resident permits in 45 days, but there is no time limit for the state police to issue non-resident permits that I could find.

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    I just completed my application for my VA non-resident conceal carry permit and want to know if a notary seal is required or just the notary's signature and information? I don't see a place marked for the seal but want to make sure I do this right. Thanks.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Same here. I just got mine and it took about 3 months.

Florida was even longer..

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    if a notary seal is required or just the notary's signature and information? I don't see a place marked for the seal but want to make sure I do this right. Thanks.

Get the seal, worthless otherwise.

I submitted my Non-res VA app in September and am still waiting. Every evening I open the mailbox with great anticipation, only to be disappointed again and again.

I figure with both the election and the anti-gun efforts coming out of the CT shooting, everything nationwide surrounding firearm acquisition has been thrown into turmoil. No one want's to be responsible for inadvertently allowing the next wacko to get a gun. I'm so glad I at least got my C&R last summer before everything went to $#^%. Give them time.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    To the OP, my wife had her payment cashed Oct 17th and just received hers last Wed. Email the VSP non-res email nonrespermit@vsp.virginia.gov and ask. My wife emailed a week before we received it and they said it had been approved, but there was some final paperwork processing before they could mail it out.

Strange I would have sworn that it was 45 days for residents and 90 days for non-residents.

Just read through the law, it says the courts have to issue resident permits in 45 days, but there is no time limit for the state police to issue non-resident permits that I could find.

I thought the same while we were waiting for my wife's, but you're right, there's no wording about how long for non-res.

Get the seal, worthless otherwise.

I submitted my Non-res VA app in September and am still waiting. Every evening I open the mailbox with great anticipation, only to be disappointed again and again.

I figure with both the election and the anti-gun efforts coming out of the CT shooting, everything nationwide surrounding firearm acquisition has been thrown into turmoil. No one want's to be responsible for inadvertently allowing the next wacko to get a gun. I'm so glad I at least got my C&R last summer before everything went to $#^%. Give them time.

Like I said the to OP, email the non-res email and ask about your status, especially if it's been so long. When they processed the payment for my wife's app, they mailed back a letter saying they had and told us it could take up to 10-12 weeks.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Elliotte, I took your advice and sent them an email asking for an update. Since it has been past 12 weeks for me. 3 Months and 4 Days as of today.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    mailed mine sep. 18. recived Feb 1. See my link in post up towards the top of this thread for a time line of VA and FL. (Fl came first).

GTOFred, Wish I had known that, lol. Ill keep that in mind when my wife gets around to filling out her forms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom