• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don'tTread13

Dec 19, 2012
    I'm looking for a couple different semi-auto handguns and having trouble finding them in MD. However, I've been able to find reasonable prices and in-stock guns in PA, and there's always the fall back of buying online. I'm buying now because I really don't feel like having to be fingerprinted to buy a handgun.

So, my question, and I really hope that this thread will stay on topic, is what are the best shops right now in terms of transfer fees? And, if anyone knows and is willing to share, which shops will let you bring your own internal locks for those guns that don't have them, and which shops force you to buy one from them? I know how long the wait is and all about the used shell casing requirement, and I know a lot of shops have raised their transfer fees lately, so all I really would like this thread to focus on is CURRENT transfer fees.

Any input?

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have seen this fee all over the place. Reasonable or otherwise. I am currently paying 40 for regulated, 15 for non-regulated.

The 40 is 30+10 for MSP. I deem $30 reasonable, considering the FFL has to take the time to do the paperwork, submit it, take timing questions about it, and ultimately be responsible for your firearm during the 7 (+35) day wait.

My 2 cents.

Don'tTread13

Dec 19, 2012
    Transfer Fees

That seems very resonable, but I have yet to find a shop in this area that is anywhere near that. Most are looking for $75 for regulated, and for some that doesn't even include the MSP fee. Tack on an internal lock for $30 and I'm looking at an extra $115 on the cost of the gun. Any recommendations of shops with reasonable transfer fees would be greatly appreciated.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    I'm $40 regulated, $20 non, discounts on multiples. Check out Sure Shot Firearms in the IP section for details.

Pirate

Mar 20, 2010
    We are $40 for MD regulated (includes MSP Fee) $30 non MD regulated. You are welcome to bring in your own lock as long as it meets the requirment of the law. If you don't have one they are $18.95. On new guns that don't come with a shell casing we can provide one for $25.00 more.

We do not offer multiple transfer discounts unless it is a very large group buy and that has to be prearranged. If you have two guns transfered in, I still have to store both of them till MSP approval comes back.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    In the glen burnie area you're looking at $50 transfer fee. This what I was told from

Scott's gun smithing
    Select fire
    A&d pawn
    Arundel firearms and pawn
    Pasadena gun and pawn
    Bart's sports

$75 at worth-a-shot

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    In the glen burnie area you're looking at $50 transfer fee. This what I was told from

Scott's gun smithing
    Select fire
    A&d pawn
    Arundel firearms and pawn
    Pasadena gun and pawn
    Bart's sports

$75 at worth-a-shot

Not at my shop.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    $60 Regulated
    $50 Non-Regulated.

Multiples transferred the same day on the same forms, $15 per each additional gun, regulated or not.

No extra charge for firing for shell casings on new handguns that don't have them, unless it is an odd or rare caliber for which we have to buy ammo. (You can supply your own and save that fee.)

Note: We have yet to have to charge this fee.

We like to shoot guns... ;)

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Heck I am having a hard time getting anyone to do a transfer around Baltimore due to delays and a pile up of regulated arms. I get it and its not like I am running anything through them they can get (e.g., I am buying mostly vintage stuff these days).

If anyone knows a transfer dealer around Baltimore who is accepting transfers let me know. Makes me really miss the days of no fuss Corsica coatings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom