• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Sadly I don't see anything being done legally about this. Nothing would make me happier then seeing some of those people pulled from the house in handcuffs like the criminals they really are and being charged with treason which they should.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The video is of the House Judiciary Committee's amendment proposals and votes. Delegate Smigiel proposed an amendment where actual criminals - people who committed crimes with firearms - would receive stiffer penalties and reduced chance for parole - basically, commit a crime with a gun, get locked up for longer, thus keeping the dirtbags off of the street.

They did a vote by roll-call, and the amendment passed. Then there was some confusion, Vallario made the claim there was a miscount, certain delegates were taking into another room and "whipped" (basically scolded and told how to vote) and in the revote, the amendment was killed.

Basically, they didn't get the vote they wanted, so they manufactured the vote they wanted. The original vote was good - there was no confusion and there was no miscount, and yet, they were able to create the outcome they wanted, screw the process.

Wally

Feb 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Criminals on the HGO and JUD committees?

I'm shaking, I'm so angry! Damn! That's criminal. These guys SHOULD be thrown in jail... obstruction of justice? treason?

One question: Who is the guy that P. Hammen motions to @ 6:58 - he seems to mouth something like "make two" (holds two fingers up) to a guy in the front row. The guy packs up and exits stage right. I wonder if there's the two guys responsible for this fiasco. It seems pretty pointed in the video.

Could we petition for a criminal investigation? Have a few people answer questions about this incident... why they changed their votes? at who's insistence?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Something I think is interesting to note, and it's something that has really only become common in the last couple of years, is how interconnected we are through technology and the various social media outlets - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, forums, YouTube, etc. Until recent times, what the general population got to know about what was happening politically was limited to official news channels such as newspapers, TV news, and in some cases, word of mouth. Not anymore.

We can actually go back through some of the threads we have here, and reconstruct a blow-by-blow of what happened in these hearings - who said it, how they voted, and in some cases we had people streaming audio that was possibly being recorded by other people. We had photos posted to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter showing delegates doing anything BUT paying attention, and voting straight down party lines - all while they were looking at pictures of puppies on Facebook, and shopping online.

I think that we have tremendous power here if we can figure out a good way to leverage it and get it out to the masses. No matter how ignorant or liberal someone may be, they aren't going to want their delegates on Facebook while important issues are being discussed and voted on.

I think that the world of politics is going to change due to the technology and tools we have available. The question then becomes one of whether it's going to make things better, or worse, although I think the answer to that lies with which faction is better able to make use of that technology, and in how it gets spun on its way out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom