• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I just wish I had stopped by here and looked around a bit before getting hosed for a DPMS in Annapolis for 399. (at least I was smart enough not to pay the $560 a local shop wanted... smart enough being a relative statement).

SqueezeFirst

Mar 26, 2013
    Harco
    Ouch. I just bought the PSA lower receiver for 119.99 on their website. I also just ordered FDE stock kit, FDE magpul moe carbine handgaurd.

I want to build an SBR but I hear it's a pain in the ass. Anyone have any experience with it?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Ouch. I just bought the PSA lower receiver for 119.99 on their website. I also just ordered FDE stock kit, FDE magpul moe carbine handgaurd.

I want to build an SBR but I hear it's a pain in the ass. Anyone have any experience with it?

Not personally. But if you build it without your paperwork in order and your tax stamp in your possesion, let's just say it could be "interesting" to say the least.

If you haven't got a clue as to the process, ask around in the NFA/Class III section in the forum.

SqueezeFirst

Mar 26, 2013
    Harco
    I looked it all up and there is a $200 tax + LE signoff requires for a form 1 to "manufacture" the weapon. Sounds like a ton of red tape so I am just going to build an 18" and throw a nice piece of glass on it I guess.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I looked it all up and there is a $200 tax + LE signoff requires for a form 1 to "manufacture" the weapon. Sounds like a ton of red tape so I am just going to build an 18" and throw a nice piece of glass on it I guess.

If your really interested in doing one, ask some of the IP's here, they're great at walking you thru the process and making sure everything goes as it should go.

But with the current climate regarding AR's etc., an 18" isn't a bad way to go either. :)

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    no le sign off on the sbr. also not a pain to build. there is a little 8 month wait and a $200 tax though.

SqueezeFirst

Mar 26, 2013
    Harco
    If your really interested in doing one, ask some of the IP's here, they're great at walking you thru the process and making sure everything goes as it should go.

But with the current climate regarding AR's etc., an 18" isn't a bad way to go either. :)

Sorry I am kinda new to this forum stuff. What's an IP? I prefer to build an SBR but what happens when my paperwork takes longer than 10/1 to process?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    IP = Industry Partner, there's more than a few here that are well versed in the NFA game.

Not sure how/if any impending legislation is going to affect NFA items such as SBR's, again, the IP's would probably be the ones to help you out there. Engage Armament comes to mind first, Midcounty also pops to mind as well. They'd probably be better suited to answer those questions since it's a portion of their business that'd be affected.

SqueezeFirst

Mar 26, 2013
    Harco
    IP = Industry Partner, there's more than a few here that are well versed in the NFA game.

Not sure how/if any impending legislation is going to affect NFA items such as SBR's, again, the IP's would probably be the ones to help you out there. Engage Armament comes to mind first, Midcounty also pops to mind as well. They'd probably be better suited to answer those questions since it's a portion of their business that'd be affected.

IP = Industry partner (i.e. FFL or manufacturer)

Thank you both :)

SqueezeFirst

Mar 26, 2013
    Harco
    So my first build is coming along. PSA lower should arrive tomorrow, FDE magpul stock kit should arrive next week as well as the spikes tactical enhanced lpk. Now I just need to decide (and find) a decent upper and get the FDE handgaurds. Cannnnnnn't wait!

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    So my first build is coming along. PSA lower should arrive tomorrow, FDE magpul stock kit should arrive next week as well as the spikes tactical enhanced lpk. Now I just need to decide (and find) a decent upper and get the FDE handgaurds. Cannnnnnn't wait!

Cool. Now you get to put the build on hold for another 2 months while waiting on the paperwork for the lower.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom