• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jarretf

Mar 5, 2011
    so.... PNC Bank just turned me down as well. "we don't 'do' those types of accounts.

Three down (boa, Susquehanna, PNC), trying BB&T now.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    Rusty from what I have read on ownership of a suppressor if I purchased one and filled out the paperwork in my name and my brother wanted to use it, legally I could not loan it to him. But if I purchased the suppressor and did the a trust with my bother, legally we could share the suppressor. Is that correct? I read some information on http://www.silencershop.com/support/how-to-buy-a-silencer and thats I interperted the text. I just wanted to make sure I'm reading it correctly. Thanks

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Maxsplat-tying to save Rusty from giving out free legal advice but 2 trust attys, I spoke with said that whoever you make a co trustee can have full access to the item as long as they are not prevented for other reasons, felon etc. So yes you could ad your brother as a co trustee. I'm not a lawyer just repeating what I was told by a couple. If you did not want to make your brother a co trustee he can still use it as long as you are with him. You have to have control over it.
    I'd still advise you to seek legal counsel.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    Maxsplat-tying to save Rusty from giving out free legal advice but 2 trust attys, I spoke with said that whoever you make a co trustee can have full access to the item as long as they are not prevented for other reasons, felon etc. So yes you could ad your brother as a co trustee. I'm not a lawyer just repeating what I was told by a couple. If you did not want to make your brother a co trustee he can still use it as long as you are with him. You have to have control over it.
    I'd still advise you to seek legal counsel.

I will when and if we decide to get the money to do this. I've always been interested in suppressors but for a long time had a lot of misconceptions about the legality of owning. So I've decided to look into it more. Thanks for the response. I appreciate the info.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    What if your trust only carries cash? ;)

The ATF has more money and Lawyers than you... Is it really worth it? My trust has a bank account...it took 15min to set up with USAA and that includes BS 'ing about NFA with the operator. That effort saves me from the ATF potentially taking everything I own in an investigation...

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    The ATF has more money and Lawyers than you... Is it really worth it? My trust has a bank account...it took 15min to set up with USAA and that includes BS 'ing about NFA with the operator. That effort saves me from the ATF potentially taking everything I own in an investigation...

It was a joke!

NeverSurrender

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    Apr 3, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Say I have a suppressor that I bought as an individual. If I am at the range with friends are they allowed to shoot with it or is it illegal for anyone else to use it even if I am present?

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    so.... PNC Bank just turned me down as well. "we don't 'do' those types of accounts.

Three down (boa, Susquehanna, PNC), trying BB&T now.

Oddly enough, I was able to open a PNC Bank account for my trust. They had to fax the trust back and forth with some lawyers - but in the course of a few hours I had an account opened. Maybe try again at another branch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom