• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Yes its a law, yes you could get fined or jailed or both. If a tree falls in the forest and no is around to hear it does it make a noise? In other words if you are really that nervous get the kit shipped to MD, then go across the border to assemble. Of buy complete mags and have them shipped to a buddy in a more free state. Or have them shipped to your house and assemble them in a closet with no windows and keep your mouth shut about it. The law has no way of knowing how many mags you need to repair with that repair kit, or how many prohibited mags you have. If you get on board like this and state something to the effect, "I have 10 mags and I just ordered 10 mags from JBO and can't wait from the to arrive and build them in my closet so I will have 20 mags."

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    :innocent0
    Yes its a law, yes you could get fined or jailed or both. If a tree falls in the forest and no is around to hear it does it make a noise? In other words if you are really that nervous get the kit shipped to MD, then go across the border to assemble. Of buy complete mags and have them shipped to a buddy in a more free state. Or have them shipped to your house and assemble them in a closet with no windows and keep your mouth shut about it. The law has no way of knowing how many mags you need to repair with that repair kit, or how many prohibited mags you have. If you get on board like this and state something to the effect, "I have 10 mags and I just ordered 10 mags from JBO and can't wait from the to arrive and build them in my closet so I will have 20 mags."
    :innocent0

Frankly, this forum is now so infiltrated with rats, snitches, informers, tattletales and do-gooders that I'm surprised this topic thread hasn't been nuked out of existance already. It needs to be locked, and go away quietly.

This website is no longer a "safe" place discuss anything other than the absolute most "vanilla" gun related topics. And how the Second Amendment protects out right to hunt and fish...

I geniuely do think that at least 1/3 or more of all the "new" members registered here within the last 6-8 months are actually spy accounts and trolls.

One day there will be another forum that will pop up and be the resource this one used to be, but as of now, this place is absolutely infested with people who are not our friends.

Be careful what topics you post. The enemy is inside the wire.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Frankly, this forum is now so infiltrated with rats, snitches, informers, tattletales and do-gooders that I'm surprised this topic thread hasn't been nuked out of existance already. It needs to be locked, and go away quietly.

This website is no longer a "safe" place discuss anything other than the absolute most "vanilla" gun related topics. And how the Second Amendment protects out right to hunt and fish...

I geniuely do think that at least 1/3 or more of all the "new" members registered here within the last 6-8 months are actually spy accounts and trolls.

One day there will be another forum that will pop up and be the resource this one used to be, but as of now, this place is absolutely infested with people who are not our friends.

Agreed.

milldog

Apr 16, 2011
    College Park
    Aww crap, I'm probably asking for a hazing on this but I take issue with the idea this forum is going downhill due to new members. There are a lot of newly active lurkers and recently energized newbs on the forum (myself included), folks whom we'll need if we're going to try and be successful in overturning the BS that's been going on; why would we want to make it less inviting for new members by labeling them as spies and the like??? Are there some O'Malley trolls? Sure...but that doesn't mean we're "infested." I just encouraged a guy at work Friday with 281 questions to join up with MDS and MSI to get smart on the issues; how's it gonna work if new folks showing up are looked down upon because they're not part of the old boys' network???

Apologies for hijacking the thread and/or beating a dead horse, but the whole vanilla comment just didn't make sense. Hell, the Wes? thread is at like a bazillion posts now; Stardust Sprinkle or whatever the junk is that folks are snorting on that thread is definitely not vanilla.

Going back to the original point, I'll be needing some mags for my new Arsenal when it's ready to be picked up (maybe Engage will release early w/the new MSP guidance, though it's my first purchase w/them). Better to be safe than sorry so looks like I'll be making a trip to a shop in VA (any recommendations?) unless I can find that one posting about shipping to Kinko's or Staples or whatever that store was in VA. Thoughts on that would be appreciated.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Aww crap, I'm probably asking for a hazing on this but I take issue with the idea this forum is going downhill due to new members. There are a lot of newly active lurkers and recently energized newbs on the forum (myself included), folks whom we'll need if we're going to try and be successful in overturning the BS that's been going on; why would we want to make it less inviting for new members by labeling them as spies and the like??? Are there some O'Malley trolls? Sure...but that doesn't mean we're "infested." I just encouraged a guy at work Friday with 281 questions to join up with MDS and MSI to get smart on the issues; how's it gonna work if new folks showing up are looked down upon because they're not part of the old boys' network???

We do not need to be "infested" as you put it all it takes a 2-3 antis to pose as "brothers in arms" and websites stop shipping to residence of MD all together. There were sites that did do the repair kit "end around" and now do not because of threads like this that named specific sites. Do i believe threads like this led to "threats" from MD that killed the rebuild kit from other websites, yes. Once MD sets the precedence other sites could fall like dominoes and just for go shipping
    anything to anyone with a MD billing address.

waffle king

You serious Clark?
    Feb 7, 2013
    SoMD

Paranoid much?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Comrades! We've been discovered! Go to plan "B". Repeat, go to plan "B"!

Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    "Must catch Moose and Squirrel!" :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      13.1 KB · Views: 223

JailHouseLiar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 26, 2013
    Timonium, Maryland
    Guys,

We are so close to 4 other states (WV, VA, PA, DE). Do yourself a favor and take a nice weekend drive to a store or gun show in one of those states, and do not risk breaking the law. We even have IPs in other states who are more than happy to sell you scary 30rd mags.

Thanks,

^This, not worth it.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Quote:
    § 4-305.
    (a) This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine.

Last time I checked, detachable magazines were tubular with a rectangular cross section. Since the AR is a .22 caliber rifle this must mean that the legislature wanted to exempt AR mags and other .22 caliber rifles from the magazine limit requirements.

(b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

We had this same conversation about ASSEMBLING an AR lower after 10/1!!!!! Putting parts together does not equal Manufacturing. Taking a piece of steel and bending, welding, and drilling, or melting plastic and injecting it into a mold would be manufacturing.

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD

Unfortunately, it's posts like this one that have made this site less informative and more "infiltration afraid" for lack of a better word.

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    We had this same conversation about ASSEMBLING an AR lower after 10/1!!!!! Putting parts together does not equal Manufacturing. Taking a piece of steel and bending, welding, and drilling, or melting plastic and injecting it into a mold would be manufacturing.

Makes sense.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I don't think he's paranoid at all, what I do think is that you have a great deal to learn. Mods please close this thread, no good will come of it.

Yep. Everyone remember Mr. "Guns don't kill people, I do" from a few months ago? The media was all over this site quoting every post he made...and his were benign compared to some in this thread. Mods need to nuke this thing into oblivion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom