• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Curiously,

If you've previously submitted your finger prints from LiveScan for a handgun carry permit, would this mean that MSP already has your finger prints on file and does not need them again?

GB

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Curiously,

If you've previously submitted your finger prints from LiveScan for a handgun carry permit, would this mean that MSP already has your finger prints on file and does not need them again?

GB

Yes. If you have a MD CCW, I believe you just need to ask for the HQL and they'll give it to you.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Wonder where the form is to request if you have a permit??? Just a letter? Right like that is going to be processed.

Dec 31, 2012
    300 baud and I had the patience of a saint, nowadays I'm pissed if I'm clicking the link again within 2 seconds. Go figure :rolleyes:

Where did this 72 hour window come from? A friend brought this up today and I had no answer for it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Not sure if MSP only keeps them 72 hours or if it's CJIS. I'm guessing it's an MSP thing. I think CJIS retains electronic prints forever.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Um, 14.4k is almost 1400 times faster than 110. The k means thousand

you are so right, but when he said 110, I assumed he meant 110k. I am old enough (unfortunately) to recall that that there was never a 110 modem. you wouldn't even be able to send basic text over a 110 modem.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I can only imagine the challenges the MSP mail room will have getting the lives can receipts to match up to the online application. Hope it isn't e same group of folks who did such a fine job on the 77r's.

---
    Shamr0ck

sundaeman

MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    you are so right, but when he said 110, I assumed he meant 110k. I am old enough (unfortunately) to recall that that there was never a 110 modem. you wouldn't even be able to send basic text over a 110 modem.

There were even 50bps modems back when. The 110 modems sent about 10 or so characters per second. No Ks anywhere except maybe price :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom