• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    So...i posted my Glock 17 and a TAVOR for sale on Armslist ( here for sale on MDS classifieds as well:innocent0). I have had a couple of emails from interested parties with quick cash offers. but as soon as i mention FFL and paperwork, they do not respond or back out.

This is my ad:

Barely used Glock 17 Gen 4. Adjustable grips to custom fit your hand. Roughly 100 rounds through it. Purchased used earlier in 2013, used once, then cleaned placed back in the safe. Includes factory case, manuals, two plastic grip inserts, key. Shipping and insurance on your dime through your FFL. Includes two factory Glock and two KCI 17-round mags. EDIT: magazines not for sale in MD or states banning 17 rd magazines. Do you homework on your state laws!

Exhibit 1 (verbatim copy and paste):
    Re: ARMSLIST - Message from xxxxxx@yahoo.com about Glock 17 Gen 4

"i offered you 500 cash and ffl can kiss my ass we dont have to fill out shit your merchandice your shit they just want to control who you sell to and track who owns im not concerned bro money buys all i know that!

So i replied:

I understand your sentiment, as i don't like registration either...but I have to follow the law.

Thank you.

Exhibit 2, TAVOR ad:

Perfect for home defense!!!
    Can be converted to fire 9MM or 5.45 x 39 ammo!
    NOT for sale in MD! Check your local laws before ordering!
    Shipped to FFL and insured on your dime

Message from: xxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Message regarding: Israeli Weapons Industries TAVOR CQB rifle, black 16.5" barrel
    I want to buy a tavor, is cash and carry, I can pickup, its 1800$ the price with all, thanks

My reply:

I cannot do cash and carry, as it is a banned rifle in Maryland since 10/1. It has to be sold out of state through and FFL.

So he replies: [/Im in maryland now, if i pickup the tavor can be Im in maryland now, if i pickup the tavor can be cash an carry, an carry,

Should I report this guys to MSP as attempting to purchase a regulated firearm illegally? I certainly don't want or welcome the scrutiny from MSP, or have them use this an an excuse to come and look at my collection.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Yeah, just back out. It could be MSP or it could be some other department like NYPD and others who are trolling for Bloomberg. Report them for good measure too.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Reporting it is probably the right thing to do. I'm not sure if I would or not. I can see it turning into a big hassle for you with nothing being done to the other party in the end. I would probably just reply "no FFL, no sale".

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    I would report on the basis the person is destroying the English language.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Armslist does not require login to view ads or reply with offers....i think I will call MSP. But i dont want to be scrutinized by them " for my own good", or to " make sure i am compliant".

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Glock guy replied back with this:

"You u good dude i respect you abiding the law cant dislike a man for that if it was another guy they would report it stolen and sell it (winking smiley face placed here)"

This is what we call in my business a "subliminal encouragement" or way to say: "this is a way we COULD make it happen".

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Glock guy replied back with this:

"You u good dude i respect you abiding the law cant dislike a man for that if it was another guy they would report it stolen and sell it (winking smiley face placed here)"

This is what we call in my business a "subliminal encouragement" or way to say: "this is a way we COULD make it happen".

Wow, and so well spoken too.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    The wannabe Tavor buyer sounds like he's writing with a Russian accent. :)

Plus a native-born American or long-time resident wouldn't put the dollar sign after the amount...

Just sayin'...

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Yeah, just back out. It could be MSP or it could be some other department like NYPD and others who are trolling for Bloomberg. Report them for good measure too.

I'm just waiting for one of the sting ads on GB to get bitten on by one of the sting buyers :D

Watch both sides meet in a parking lot somewhere with rings of squad cars and guns drawn

Couldnt find a longer clip, but I picture something like this. Both are undercovers each running their own stings and trying to get the other to say "weed" or "pot". This goes on for like 5 minutes until one gets frustrated and says it :D

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    The Glock guy I would consider reporting to the police. It's clear he knows the law and wants to circumvent. But I find registration to be unconstitutional so I may live and let live and find a legit buyer. Hard to say what I would do. Glad it's not my dilemma.

The other one seems clueless. Maybe it's the terrible grammar, but it seems like there is an English language barrier and a lack of understanding of the distinction you're making. I wouldn't bother reporting that one.

Also, I don't believe an FFL is legally required for out-of-state banned rifle sales, but you can certainly stipulate that you want to use one anyway (and I could be wrong although I skimmed SB281 before posting). Wrong, wrong, wrong. For one, interstate always requires FFL (I had a moment of sheer stupidity there). Two, I looked in COMAR. Depending on what "offer to sell" means, you might want an FFL on both ends of transfer.

Last edited:

ir0nw1l

Feb 6, 2013
    WV
    Plus a native-born American or long-time resident wouldn't put the dollar sign after the amount...

Just sayin'...

that might be true for most Americans ... I however, do it often ... fifty dollars = 50$. It's just how I speak English. Yes, my friends do make fun of me sometimes. Maybe it was traveling as a kid with the Army Family.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Why report either...

If its the PoPo or ATF... well then nothing happens.

If its not... they did not actually do it, so no laws are broken and what is going to happen? Nothing.

I see no up side for you... its not like you are going to get an award from Obama, all it can do it cause you more trouble...IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom