• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    C. Except as provided in §D or E of this regulation, a person may not:
    (1) Possess, sell, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, or receive an assault weapon in the State;

Websters.com Full Definition of IN:
    a —used as a function word to indicate inclusion, location, or position within limits <in the lake> <wounded in the leg> <in the summer>
    b : into 1 <went in the house>

So can't I offer for sale in (inside) Maryland but only to OUT (outside) Maryland buyer via their FFL?

I understand selling in (inside) would be illegal. So the state can tell me that property which I legally purchased and own I cannot dispose of? I am stuck with it for the rest of my life? isn't that tantamount to Maryland curtailing inter-state commerce? Wow...I see some juicy SCOTUS cases developing in the future when someone challenges their ability to dispose of their personal property lawfully across state lines as per current Federal laws.

Edit: In my ad I CLEARLY state "Not for sale in Maryland". I think that a reasonable person would conclude that I had no intention to sell it inside the state.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Accept it...THEY WANT YOU TO KEEP IT. It's for the children.

(actually, I admire your desire to stay out of jail and not need an attorney on speed dial AND retainer)

Isn't it a damn shame this law, and how it will/may be enforced, are completely unclear an will only become clear as folks are charged, tried, convicted, appealed, etc.

Sux2bUS.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    I deactivated the ARMSLIST listing.

I placed the following in BOLD on my GB listing:

NOT offered for sale in MD! Will not sell to Maryland residents, period!!
    Shipped to FFL and insured on your dime.

Check your local laws before ordering!

May 13, 2005
    Okay.... I think I got this now.

If we go further down the COMAR to section E number 7 I think this is a semi-silver bullet that says you can sell it to an FFL wherever they may be. Granted, you are selling it to someone that is NOT and FFL, but at least you are transferring it to the FFL (which is obviously required).

Combining the "offer for sale in the sate" and this, it would lead me to believe it's OK, and considering the number of folks that do it.....

E. This chapter does not apply to:
    (1) The sale, transfer, or possession of an antique firearm;
    (2) A firearm modified to render it permanently inoperative;
    (3) An unserviceable firearm sold, transferred, or possessed as a curio or museum piece;
    (4) Law enforcement personnel of any unit of the federal government or law enforcement personnel of the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State while acting within the scope of their official duties;
    (5) Members of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard while acting within the scope of their official duties;
    (6) A sale, rental, transfer, or use of a regulated firearm by a person authorized or required to do so as part of the person’s duties as a member of:
    (a) An official police force or other law enforcement agency;
    (b) The armed forced of the United States, including all official reserve organizations; or
    (c) The Maryland National Guard; or
    (7) Purchases, sales, and transportation to or by a federally licensed firearm manufacturer, dealer, or importer;
    (8) The transfer or possession of a regulated firearm or detachable magazine by a federally licensed firearm manufacturer, dealer, or importer for testing or experimentation authorized by the Secretary;
    (9) An organization that is required or authorized by federal law governing its specific business or activity to maintain firearms; or
    (10) A signal pistol or other visual distress signal that the United States Coast Guard approves as a marine safety device.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Nah, I disagree. He actually posted a fairly clear response, albeit not in formal english, then accidentally pasted it in a second time.

That wasn't the part I was referring to. It was: "I want to buy a tavor, is cash and carry, I can pickup, its 1800$ the price with all."

If that's not a Russian accent, I don't know what is. :)

No, I'm not serious.

Well, kind of... Not that long a drive down I-95 to Maryland from Brighton Beach (Брайтон-Бич)...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Why report either...

If its the PoPo or ATF... well then nothing happens.

If its not... they did not actually do it, so no laws are broken and what is going to happen? Nothing.

I see no up side for you... its not like you are going to get an award from Obama, all it can do it cause you more trouble...IMHO.

It not a sting... They are slicker than that.. :)

And they did break the law. I will spare you the details. If they continue they can offer to roll on the OP and make trouble for him. It need not be true.. it has happened before.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Best bet is to report the activity but to whom?

Getting on record here will help since we know that you did not take the bait.

The issue is that if this is not a sting, this fool will get caught someday, and may offer up all kinds of 'help' to the authorities -- not all of this help will be true statements-- it has happened before.

I have never sold a gun, and if I did I would use an ffl directly so I am not exposing myself to this kind of shit. I could be a Bloomberg shithead ( hint they get paid to lie ), it could be atf ( not likely they have real work to do), it could be a lowlife of any kind who may want to bargain his way our of trouble someday ( most likely) or even a lowlife CI that is doing that now.

IANAL buit i am from Brooklyn -- i come to my distrust honestly

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom