• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    Called the Handgun Roster Board today to start approval for the Double Tap Defense .45.

Spoke to Marlene, she asked what handgun I was applying for, for approval? When I told her, she said "we just approved it, it's in the MD register and will show up on the MSP website 11/19. Schweet.

Somebody saved me a whole lotta paperwork, THANKS! :-)

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Willy Don Schafer must be spinning in his grave.
    Its a modern day Saturday Night Special all grown up.
    Heizer-Defense-Doubletap-.45-ACP-Conceal-Carry-Pistol.jpg

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The purpose of the roster and board is insane.

If they are approving that gun what gun are they denying? What purpose do they actual serve? More government waste and regulation/hassle.

Wasn't the whole point of the roster to get Saturday Night Specials off the "streets".

And before I get the hatorade I'm against the board...but if they are in place for a reason why not deny this gun? What guns have they denied?

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    The purpose of the roster and board is insane.

If they are approving that gun what gun are they denying? What purpose do they actual serve? More government waste and regulation/hassle.

Wasn't the whole point of the roster to get Saturday Night Specials off the "streets".

And before I get the hatorade I'm against the board...but if they are in place for a reason why not deny this gun? What guns have they denied?
    They have all the Bond Arm derringers approved {if they have trigger guard} so it would be capricious for them not to approve the DT.

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    I have a doubletap 9mm. The reason it's called doubletap because after you shoot it twice you'll never shoot it again. It really fkn hurts to shoot.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have a doubletap 9mm. The reason it's called doubletap because after you shoot it twice you'll never shoot it again. It really fkn hurts to shoot.

That's nothing, I got to fire one in 223, largest fire to pistol ratio ever, recoil wasn't as insane as I expected, it's just basically a block of steel with possibly the worst trigger ever.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The *intended* purpose was to ban nearly all handguns. Long story about the Referendum to overturn the creation of the Board. Just 'speculatin , but even though our side lost the Referendum, it gave gave the powers that be an idea how much voter anger it would create if they actually defacto banned most handguns.

So in one of their first actions, the Board mass approved the entire then current product lines of S&W, Colt, and Ruger.

There actually used to be low quality, occasionally unsafe ( ie blow up, fire on safe, etc) handguns, but they had pretty much disapeared in the the '80s due to several product liability suits ( again , not for criminal misuse, but for defective guns).

The Seecamp was initially disapproved, but won on appeal. Derringers w/o trigger gaurds were disapproved. I don't recall if the Board ruled against the Universal Enforcer, but almost moot since it would have been banned 2 years later. I can't recall anything else failing, but if anyone else knows of any, please enlighten me/ us .

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    Pretty sure the boberg(spelling?) pistol failed the roster recently but I think there was a problem with the sample gun. Don't know what the outcome was on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom