• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    Awesome thanks guys, Scott 2a is only minutes away from my house so I may just head over today

Feb 28, 2013
    To the point though: Has anyone ever actually seen a confirmed legislator's plant or lackey actually come to this forum to ask loaded questions and obtain political fodder?

Well, Nancy Jacobs showed up here once. And last year someone registered under the name "Martin O'Malley" and decided to antagonize us.

And by the way, one of the unwritten rules here is that everybody who joined here after Sandy Hook is evil and should be seen and not heard.:rolleyes:

You can see how well I complied with that bit of stupidity.:sarcasm:

Be careful criticizing newbies for asking loaded and/or dumbassed questions. Some of them get butthurt REAL easy when called out on it, and then you get a PM notifying you you've been issued an infraction.

Seriously.

Oh it's you again....:rolleyes:

You mean you didn't get banned yet?

Ah, when I read transferred, I figure it is through an FFL. Silly me to assume that the OP wanted to do the transfer under the radar. I tend to assume that most people are on the up and up and honest. Now, if he had used "give" instead of "transferred", then maybe I might have looked at it slightly differently. A lot of people have no clue what gun laws are. I'd be surprised that a noob to guns would even understand what a straw purchase is if they are not a prohibited person. Furthermore, a straw purchase is only if he is prohibited. Acquiring a banned item is NOT a straw purchase, it is just the breaking of another law.

The guy was making the effort to see if he could get a M400 from an FFL legally, so I doubt he was trying to pull a fast one. Even if he was a troll, it would have been better to just explain the law to him and what he can and cannot do. You don't know him and I don't know him, but assuming he is a troll is rather harsh.

Well that's what you can expect from some folks around here who are paranoid nutjobs with battered gun owners' syndrome.

I think citing the law would have been sufficient, but no, an evil "13'er" has to be punished for not being able to just look into a crystal ball and and know these things.

Hell, I got dogpiled on for merely asking a question about the Civil War and if anyone was afraid another one may start due to the level of polarization on the country thanks to current leadership.

noone

Jul 3, 2011
    What I really don't understand is why put a restriction on 10 round mags and then tell you its legal to go out of state and buy mags that hold more the 10 rounds and bring them back into the state.
    So now I can't buy a HBAR with a 20 round mag, it has to be a 10, but I can go next door to PA or DE and buy me a 100 rounder but that's ok.
    That law has to be even more useless then O'malley

thai

May 8, 2013
    What I really don't understand is why put a restriction on 10 round mags and then tell you its legal to go out of state and buy mags that hold more the 10 rounds and bring them back into the state.
    So now I can't buy a HBAR with a 20 round mag, it has to be a 10, but I can go next door to PA or DE and buy me a 100 rounder but that's ok.

Shhhh! Keep it down, the anti are really smart. The last thing we want them to do is realize their children saving laws are dumb as schit. The may be incited and want to pass a few hundred more redundant idiotic laws!

Btw, what did you end up doing Myongha?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

The politicians know we can do this. We know we can do this. The big question is whether the populace knows we can do this, or if it really even cares.

The reason the politicians do this is so they can go back to their constituency that is screaming for gun control to stop all the murders, and they can say "look, we passed significant gun control legislation" and the constituency can feel better.

Meanwhile, the law is Swiss cheese and might not have gotten through the General Assembly if it wasn't Swiss cheese. Problem is, it does infringe on our 2nd Amendment Right and it is an incremental step to banning more stuff in the future.

Not only that, but only the gun enthusiasts will understand that they can go outside of Maryland. Joe Schmoe that buys one firearm a decade, if that, might never even figure out where the holes are in the cheese. Me, I just wish there were more holes.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

If they did ban possession of larger than 10 round mags, how would they deal with:

1) All those mags already in the state? To get rid of them, they would have to buy them. And MD doesn't have the money.

2) People going over the state line and buying them? The Federal ban required that new mags over 10 be stamped for LE Only. But you could still buy mag parts. It was illegal to assemble parts into mags, but how could they know?

With this being a MD only thing, no way for them to make it work.

Ra9dy

Jan 10, 2016
    What is the name of your company?

I have Colt and Smith HBARs in stock, and/or easily available from distributors. Any HBAR no more than one evil feature, excluding Bushmasters, is legal and C&C in MD.

What is the name of your company and where are you located?

Randy

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeap, combination of FFL renewal and lease renewal coming up, owner getting old and wanting to retire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom