Having a BCG shipped to Washington, D.C.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4Runner

Apr 15, 2010
    I placed an order with PSA two weeks ago for a M16 BCG.
    Yesterday I received an email stating that they could not ship it to me and that they would be charging me a 5% handling fee. (the PSA problem is another story unto itself).

I reside in Maryland and work in D.C. So, I set the item for delivery to my office.

As far as I can tell a BCG (M16 or AR15 type) is not:
    Ammunition
    a Receiver or Frame
    a Magazine
    an auto-sear
    or
    a Complete Firearm

:confused:

What statute is in place to prevent them from shipping it to me here?

Thanks in advance!
    :mdpatriot

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    More than likely PSA won't ship anything firearms-related to DC. It's CYA. Can't blame them.

I would agree, but their shipping terms page does not state that. It says no ammunition to DC, and that there will be a 5% restocking fee if you order Ammo, but nothing about other parts.

OP, I would not let them charge me the percent. I would also have the item shipped somewhere else.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Why not just call PSA and tell them to change the shipping address to your home instead of your office? If you're worried about delivering a package to your house and leaving it at the door when nobody is home, both UPS and Fedex offer services now where you can have the package held at their depot or sent to a UPS or Fedex retail store for pickup.

4Runner

Apr 15, 2010
    All,

I've tried calling numerous times and their number is not working.
    I sent an email response and suggested that I would gladly change the shipping address to my home and also told them that I don't believe they should charge me for something that wasn't clearly stated.

I just wish they had called me or even sent an email requesting some clarification first.

Just last week Bud's called me over a simple $25 bipod (just to make sure...). I would like to think that PSA (with their good reputation) would take a moment to do the same.

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    the psa facebook admin is pretty responsive.

That's BS when the "facebook admin" is more responsive than the company's business phone representatives are. I guess that's the time we live in. :sad20:

PSA will not be receiving any of my dollars or business. There are too many other vendors out there who are willing to take my money without losing sight on how to conduct business.

Here is a hint- incorporate new business processes without alienating your existing customer base. That's business 101.

4Runner

Apr 15, 2010
    Update:

I still have had no response from PSA since the email I received last Wednesday. I tried contacting Adam (Facebook/Promo guy) but that hasn't seemed to work either.

I just posted to their timeline (respectfully). And I'm hoping to get a response now.

I'm slowly running out of options and patience.
    :banghead:

4Runner

Apr 15, 2010
    Final Update:

Tuesday I finally received a phone call from Dori. PSA had cancelled my order because they "Do not ship ANYTHING to Washington D.C. It's right there on our terms page."
    I informed Dori that the only exclusion they make for D.C. was under their ammunition shipping terms...
    "Oh. I'm very sorry then"
    I told her that it wasn't clear and that more than anything I wanted to be able to communicate with someone about the issue. She again apologized and said that she'd refund my $ in full. (I received the $ less 5% Tuesday and the 5% today.)

I believe that they are not equipped to deal with the quantity of orders (let-alone the customer service requests) that they receive. I hope that they step-up their internet sales game and offer proof that they can [indeed] compete on the scale that they're shooting for.

I decided to give them another shot at it...
    I placed the order on Thursday, January 30th and had my new BCG on Tuesday, February 4th. All is well...

I'm interested in seeing how their new Customer Service building and additional phone lines improve their response times.

Last edited:

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I was in a similar situation. I read the page 10 times, saw only the ammunition restrictions and had a few bayonets sent to my office. Cancelled and tried to take 5% of my money. Eventually had sent to my house and worked whole thing out.

Extremely frustrating though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    pSA has always been good to me sent three different packages to me trying to get me parts missing in my lower kit the people filling them dont know guns at all lol

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I had a similar problem with Palmetto. As far as I am concerned they are not a reputable dealer.

They charged me and sat on my expensive order and then cancelled it and tried to charge me a 5% restocking. Everything was in order. They refused to even call the FFL to confirm everything was perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom