Wouldn't a new public range in Baltimore Co be nice???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    Yeah, I know I'm dreaming but I read that the Bethel AME church sold a 250 plus acre track of land to Baltimore County for one million dollars. They bought the land years ago for a lot more to build a mega church but all that fell through for a variety of reasons. The land in along Old Court Road across from Edrich Farms, I think the 9700 blk.

Baltimore County plans to make if some type of park, I got the impression it was going to lean on the nature side of things not a tennis court/playground type park. Too bad it'll never happen but a nice outdoor range like that in Elk Neck or the one in Garrett County would be so nice. It will never happen with the current county exec. Kamenetz who is a liberal blow-heart. Those are state parks anyway not county ones but here's to dreaming a little.

Feb 28, 2013
    The issue with target stands at Elk Neck is ridiculous. It's ******** to have to build one of those and lug it out there. I'd love a public range that has built like Savage River.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Yeah, I know I'm dreaming but I read that the Bethel AME church sold a 250 plus acre track of land to Baltimore County for one million dollars. They bought the land years ago for a lot more to build a mega church but all that fell through for a variety of reasons. The land in along Old Court Road across from Edrich Farms, I think the 9700 blk.

Baltimore County plans to make if some type of park, I got the impression it was going to lean on the nature side of things not a tennis court/playground type park. Too bad it'll never happen but a nice outdoor range like that in Elk Neck or the one in Garrett County would be so nice. It will never happen with the current county exec. Kamenetz who is a liberal blow-heart. Those are state parks anyway not county ones but here's to dreaming a little.

Pretty darn close to AGC, isn't it?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The issue with target stands at Elk Neck is ridiculous. It's ******** to have to build one of those and lug it out there. I'd love a public range that has built like Savage River.

Target stands at public ranges get shot-to-shiite by morons who show up without a paper targets, or a stapler. The only ones that survive have the metal uprights but they are probably not long for this world either. Most private ranges I've been to require you bring your own target stand to fit into their holes.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If you don't like public ranges man up and join a private club or start your own range and run it any way you want.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Target stands at public ranges get shot-to-shiite by morons who show up without a paper targets, or a stapler. The only ones that survive have the metal uprights but they are probably not long for this world either. Most private ranges I've been to require you bring your own target stand to fit into their holes.

The private range that I belong to up here provides target stands.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    shame one of the factories off 695 in dundalk/sparrows point couldn't be converted

Hey great idea and location. They are going to need to seal all the contamination in with a liner anyway. So they can also bring all the dredge spoils from behind the Conowingo dam there, pile it all up, have it contained and still use it as the World's largest back stop! :D I'm in.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I dislike trucking target stands out to Marriottsville, but being responsible for your own stands encourages good marksmanship.

I doubt a public range in Balt Co could compete with AGC unless you only went a few times a year.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I dislike trucking target stands out to Marriottsville, but being responsible for your own stands encourages good marksmanship.

Ain't that the truth. I joined a club & AGC when I got back into shooting after a 15+ year hiatus, and for the first few months must have rebuilt my target frame a half dozen times. Now it's pretty rare for me to hit anything but the paper... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom