• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JC82

USMC
    Nov 30, 2014
    Elkton
    Looking to purchase a Glock 30 Gen4, within a reasonable distance to Cecil County.

I haven't yet had a chance yet to drive around and look at shops in cecil/harford county. First regulated firearm purchase since new regulations, I used to go with my father to Smyrna Gun Shop, DE. That was his favorite place, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to have a handgun transferred from them into MD anyway.

Anyone know a place near Cecil that has them in stock or would process a FFL transfer for an online purchase? The best price I've seen is $585 on glockmeister.com

Another note: I haven't had an opportunity to compare the G30 to the G30SF. I have rather long hands (purchase gloves in XL due to finger length) so I'm guessing the larger frame of the G30 would be more comfortable. I'd love opinions here.

Thanks!

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Looking to purchase a Glock 30 Gen4, within a reasonable distance to Cecil County.

I haven't yet had a chance yet to drive around and look at shops in cecil/harford county. First regulated firearm purchase since new regulations, I used to go with my father to Smyrna Gun Shop, DE. That was his favorite place, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to have a handgun transferred from them into MD anyway.

Anyone know a place near Cecil that has them in stock or would process a FFL transfer for an online purchase? The best price I've seen is $585 on glockmeister.com

Another note: I haven't had an opportunity to compare the G30 to the G30SF. I have rather long hands (purchase gloves in XL due to finger length) so I'm guessing the larger frame of the G30 would be more comfortable. I'd love opinions here.

Thanks!

As far as processing a transfer, I would contact Bank Gun and Pawn. They're an IP here, and in Havre de Grace. Their transfer fee is reasonable (~$30 last I checked).

Price wise, I don't know if you'll find anything lower. Do you think you might qualify for a Blue Label Glock discount? I see you have USMC under your username; I think retired mil also qualifies. Are you a GSSF member? If so, Freestate (also an IP here) sells blue label glocks. Cop Shop, in the city (not an IP here), also sells blue label.

Lastly, with the frame size, I have a G19 gen 4 and slightly bigger hands (too big for L gloves, too small for XL). Without the backstraps, the trigger rests on the first joint of my index finger haha. From what I understand, the gen4s with no backstrap are the same frame size as their gen3 sf counterpart. You'd probably need at least the medium backstrap if you go that route.

JC82

USMC
    Nov 30, 2014
    Elkton
    As far as processing a transfer, I would contact Bank Gun and Pawn. They're an IP here, and in Havre de Grace.

Price wise, I don't know if you'll find anything lower. Do you think you might qualify for a Blue Label Glock? Are you a GSSF member? If so, Freestate (also an IP here) sells blue label glocks. Cop Shop, in the city (not an IP here), also sells blue label.

Lastly, with the frame size, I have a G19 gen 4 and slightly bigger hands (too big for L gloves, too small for XL). Without the backstraps, the trigger rests on the first joint of my index finger haha. From what I understand, the gen4s with no backstrap are the same frame size as their gen3 sf counterpart. You'd probably need at least the medium backstrap if you go that route.
    Thanks, I've seen positive things about Bank all over this forum. I'll give them a call.

I don't think I realized that all the Gen4 models have the smaller frame with customizable back straps. That's good to know.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Not close but Tyler Firearms in Halethorpe, south Baltimore, would help you and he is a Glock dealer. Take exit 9 off 695 and you are there.

Lew--Ranger63

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The SF frame is a tiny bit shorter, but the main thing you notice is less of a hump at the bottom 1/2 of the grip, that is where most of the reduction is, not at the top in the grip pocket, so length of pull isn't much different, but IMO the shape is FAR better. Gen4 has a better texture, better mag release, 3 mags included, and is the same dimentions as the SF. The best part is the beavertail backstraps, they keep the SF shape, but increase the entire grip length from top to bottom, much better for larger hands than standard gen 3, or the standard backstraps that only increase the bottom 3/4 of the grip.

JC82

USMC
    Nov 30, 2014
    Elkton
    Just applied for multi year GSSF membership. Wonder if I can wait long enough for the membership card to come in....probably not. How long do shops typically take to order GSSF firearms that aren't in stock?
    I have no real urgency, but once I decide to spend the money on new shiny toys, I get antsy.

Proline Fisher

Mar 16, 2013
    Severn
    Just applied for multi year GSSF membership. Wonder if I can wait long enough for the membership card to come in....probably not. How long do shops typically take to order GSSF firearms that aren't in stock?
    I have no real urgency, but once I decide to spend the money on new shiny toys, I get antsy.

You have to find a dealer who can get Glock blue label guns. The one dealer I delt with said they could get most blue labels within a week or so.

JC82

USMC
    Nov 30, 2014
    Elkton
    Might be totally worth it assuming I'm not only beating the online retail price but also saving a transfer fee.

SmokeEETR

MSI Executive Member
    Jan 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Maryland Quartermaster in Bel Air can also handle the transfer for $30. They also have several local LE contracts and have attractive pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom