• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    I don't order from Brownell's. They didn't fill my orders for ammo and then didn't fill my back orders even when they were selling the identical items to other customers. Finally I canceled after 24 months. At least Midway honored my back orders. I will never buy from CTD, those price gougers.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I've never had an issue with Brownells personally.

Midway irked me a tad when they decided not a offer C&R holders discounted prices anymore. In fairness right before Xmas 2014, I ordered some .22 from them along with a cheap tool to qualify for free shipping. UPS delivered at 2:30pm, my GF was home by 3:30pm and it was nowhere to be found. I reported it to UPS and Midway. After the UPS "investigation", Midway refunded my money.

Rouser

Proud Eastern Shoreman
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wicomico & Talbot Cos.
    How do you know thats actually what happened?

I don't really know that's what happened but it is my considered opinion after looking at the situ in whole. Their vagueness in defending their cancellation and the fact that it wasn't cancelled until Monday when the suits come back to work to make that decision had parts of my formation of my opinion.

Do you think that my thoughts are unreasonable??

Rouser

Proud Eastern Shoreman
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wicomico & Talbot Cos.
    Bitch, bitch, bitch... Did you ever order an item that was on sale and the same thing happen, even though the ATF didn't talk about banning it? I have. I took it in stride, waited till it came back in stock, then ordered it again.

You are complaining abut something that was probably OOS, before you placed the order. A lot of online companies don't have real time inventory tracking for firearm related items. Joe Bob's doesn't have real time inventory tracking. Do you get upset when you try to order something and later you find it is OOS?

You want your green tips? Go to WalMart or Dicks. They have plenty. Brownell's doesn't want your business, if you are going to make huge jumps like this.

Really?? Wow, you sound like you could use a little anger management. I don't think I was really bitching, just relating what I thought happened to me and to see if that has happened to others. Did it piss me off, yes! But the only reason I ordered in the first place was I thought is was a good price and I don't have much of that ammo. Do I really need it? NO! You go to Walmart and pay that inflated price everyone wants now. I don't need to.

Rouser

Proud Eastern Shoreman
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wicomico & Talbot Cos.
    Brownells even states on the final checkout page that some items may go out of stock before the order is complete. And considering the pending ATF decision, I can see why they wouldn't be able to keep a backorder status. Brownells has always been stellar for me. I don't buy from anywhere else unless they don't carry it.

I agree and I've had a pretty good experience with Brownells previously. The timing and the way it was handled when I called just gave me that little hair raising thing on the back of the neck when what I'm hearing just doesn't feel right. Since I didn't really need the ammo, I guess I was more disappointed in Brownells as much as urinated. Will it keep me from buying again from them, in the short term, yes. But I will likely do business again in the future when a good sale comes up.

Rouser

Proud Eastern Shoreman
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wicomico & Talbot Cos.
    Not a story here. Brownells is GTG as far as I'm concerned. Daemon hit it right. Not enough of a big deal to blackball Brownells.

Agreed! Didn't intend to blackball Brownells, just relating what one of my experiences was with them. Isn't that part of the purpose of this online community, to share experiences and info???

Rouser

Proud Eastern Shoreman
    Jul 27, 2012
    Wicomico & Talbot Cos.
    Just a quick follow up on this. I got an email from Brownells the other day wanting to know about my experience with their customer service. I took the opportunity to relate to them my thoughts on the whole thing and that I wasn't happy with the way it turned out. I've had no response from them as yet.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    No problems with Brownells but I believe they, as well as other firearms related business', should send email blasts about the proposed ammo ban! and their personal option on how to comment against this.
    They lose as well!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Only thing I would add is, give it a couple days. Then the truth will be evident. Comes back in stock at relatively the same price, no harm no foul. Comes back at twice the previous price...CTD and F'm.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I have had no problems with Brownells. I just ordered a barrel from them. they were the cheapest and had it "in stock" it shipped within a day. I got an email when it shipped.

I also do not have any loyalty to one internet company. I shop around. many factors play into my purchase. price and availability are usually the main reasons I pick one company over the other. sometimes its free shipping or the products on sale. quality of service is important as well.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I agree and I've had a pretty good experience with Brownells previously. The timing and the way it was handled when I called just gave me that little hair raising thing on the back of the neck when what I'm hearing just doesn't feel right. Since I didn't really need the ammo, I guess I was more disappointed in Brownells as much as urinated.
    Will it keep me from buying again from them, in the short term, yes. But I will likely do business again in the future when a good sale comes up.

I can completely understand that

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    I agree with you. I see where the item could have sold out during your checkout cycle, but they should honor the original order. One exception would be the item was limited stock with no supply chain for restock. But there should have been a note stating such.

I don't think it was a play on the market. More likely poor business layer implementation in the ordering process. I wouldn't black-list them completely. Maybe a short moratorium :)

Sent from Foxtrot-Mike 19

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I've never understood the M855 love. Wolf Gold is better ammo anyways.

I agree I have about 1000 rounds of green tip if you want to get a auction going.Wait I think I need to put it on GB there are bidders on there that DON"T know what it is and will pay through the kazoo. JUST KIDDING!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Really?? Wow, you sound like you could use a little anger management. I don't think I was really bitching, just relating what I thought happened to me and to see if that has happened to others. Did it piss me off, yes! But the only reason I ordered in the first place was I thought is was a good price and I don't have much of that ammo. Do I really need it? NO! You go to Walmart and pay that inflated price everyone wants now. I don't need to.

I don't have anger management issues. You are the one that can't read what I said, without getting butthurt over it. I called it as I saw it and you got upset.

I don't need to go to WalMart to get mine, because I already have enough of them, that I bought back between 2006-2010. They are all stashed away and safely snug. If I want more, I'll just buy the bullets and make my own ammo. I do have that capability.

The problem that I have with what you said/did in your posts is that you are ASSUMING that they are going to pull a CTD, yet they haven't done that in the past. Assume all you want, but don't trash a honest source of supplies to the firearms community, because you didn't get what you wanted and got upset about it. Stuff like what you experienced does happen. Get over it and move on.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    No problems with Brownells but I believe they, as well as other firearms related business', should send email blasts about the proposed ammo ban! and their personal option on how to comment against this.
    They lose as well!

Brownells has sent me multiple emails about the M855 ban...might want to check your subscriptions there partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom