• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    How many times can you say "assault rifle" in a 370 word story? How many inaccuracies, too? Sheesh.

Interestingly, earlier today the story was on the CNN landing page, now it's much more difficult to find. Maybe a look at the comments provides a hint.

Repeat something loud enough and often enough, and people may start to believe it. :bullhorn:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/09/news/assault-rifle-ammo-ban-sells-out/index.html

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Here are some of the funny articles I've seen

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/edit...on-armor-piercing-bullets-20150312-story.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...shouted-down-a-ban-on-armor-piercing-bullets/

Here's the best one. Where can I get my small, concealable AR pistol?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...3/12/the-nra-even-more-ridiculous-than-usual/

Yet there’s now a handgun on the market that can accept the 5.56mm bullets, too. Though many sportsmen use this type of ammunition, the introduction of a compatible handgun makes it easy for criminals to chamber the armor-piercing bullets in small concealed weapons, the sort of firearms that cops generally encounter and fear.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

I think the writer of the last article is someone who has quoted MDS discussions in his past reporting. I forget from which subforums. Despite the column's name, he is anything but post-partisan.

There was an interesting position shift noted in his column ...

Erika Soto Lamb, spokesperson for Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety, points out that her group never asked the administration to ban the 5.56mm ammo. “We didn’t take a position on the ATF ammo ban,” she explained to me in an e-mail. “We focus on keeping guns out of dangerous hands (background checks, etc.) instead of on the guns/ammo themselves (this, for instance, assault weapons ban, etc.).”

Bloomberg probably wouldn’t mind seeing military-style ammunition off store shelves. But his organization hasn’t been pushing it, reflecting a quiet but broad shift in emphasis among some gun-control advocates away from restrictions on which firearms can be sold and toward restricting who can buy guns and how.

Did they inform their MD proxies and fellow travelers (e.g. MDA) that have been lobbying for gun restrictions these past two years in state? It might be illuminating to line up the above statements with what they've advocated in the past. It sounds like a policy recalibration to gain popular votes, but given history, they're not to be trusted.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I think the writer of the last article is someone who has quoted MDS discussions in his past reporting. I forget from which subforums. Despite the column's name, he is anything but post-partisan.

There was an interesting position shift noted in his column ...

Did they inform their MD proxies and fellow travelers (e.g. MDA) that have been lobbying for gun restrictions these past two years in state? It might be illuminating to line up the above statements with what they've advocated in the past. It sounds like a policy recalibration to gain popular votes, but given history, they're not to be trusted.

I think it was him that quoted one of my posts on smart guns.

The thing is that the gun grabbers realized they aren't getting anywhere at the federal level, so they're instead pushing for state stuff. Nevada is the next battleground since they submitted enough petitions back in November to get an initiative onto the 2016 ballot to criminalize private transfers ("universal background checks" in their language). Nevada's legislature had actually passed a bill to criminalize private transfers back in 2013, and it took the governor's veto to stop it. The antis just don't give up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom