• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What we need are about 10,000 "Pro-Lifer for Van Hollen", "Fracking Workers for Van Holen", "Cruz/Van Hollen 2016", and "Protect Your Gun Rights Vote Van Hollen" bumper stickers driving around Montgomery County.

:thumbsup: If this place had a "like" button I would be standing on it.

For now I would settle for someone just kicking Van Hollen in the nuts.....

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I talked briefly with Jack McCauley and he has offered to meet VanHollen and discuss what really might impact violent crime. Jack reached out to him but has not heard back as of yesterday. I have contacted VanHollen in a couple of ways to ask him to meet Jack. If you are a constituent of VanHollen's, please do the same.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Two thumbs up ...

I talked briefly with Jack McCauley and he has offered to meet VanHollen and discuss what really might impact violent crime. Jack reached out to him but has not heard back as of yesterday. I have contacted VanHollen in a couple of ways to ask him to meet Jack. If you are a constituent of VanHollen's, please do the same.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Keep us posted on your progress and Van Hollen's response (or lack thereof).

Should he avoid contact or refuse to discuss the issue with Jack, who is the preeminent expert on the effects of such legislation in MD, we'll be prepared to plaster his verbatim reponse all over social media and the press.

Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I would be amazed if he took you up on the challenge/offer, or if he showed up if he took you up. Cowards like that don't have the backbone to go toe-to-toe with decent people.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Keep us posted on your progress and Van Hollen's response (or lack thereof).

Should he avoid contact or refuse to discuss the issue with Jack, who is the preeminent expert on the effects of such legislation in MD, we'll be prepared to plaster his verbatim reponse all over social media and the press.

Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

Isn't there any reasonable person even running against the VanHold'em nut job? I already heard from Jack Mc that he's not interested in a political run. Anybody?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

No way in Hell is anyone going to change Van Hollen's position on this. He's a Party animal, and this is what The Party wants. Any politician who cares about (getting the money for) re-election will NEVER cross The Party.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I would be amazed if he took you up on the challenge/offer, or if he showed up if he took you up. Cowards like that don't have the backbone to go toe-to-toe with decent people.
    I think there's a good chance he will accept and show. He showed up to a town-hall type meeting in Carroll County a year or two ago.

He just won't change his stripes.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

He's my rep too and I just sent him an email noting my distress. Hope Jack can talk sense to him.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Hmm . . .I didn't see the part where once you have satisfied the requirements for a national handgun purchase permit you are automatically eligible for a national carry & wear permit, or covered by the new national reciprocity component of the bill. :rolleyes: Must be one of those that you have to read in its entirety before you see all the details. :lol2:

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    will the repubs at least field a candidate against him, or just put a name on the ballot, as they do so often? Without a Hogan-type upset, the fix is already in.

The same republican party that had rolled over to Obama at every chance?Or the republican party that didn't nothing about voter fraud?I am a lifelong republican and I have next to zero faith in the party to do anything but a symbolic gesture.:mad54:

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I don't expect him to take up the offer to meet Jack, but maybe he will if enough people call him and ask.

I'd like to see Charles Loller get back into the fight. Either for the Senate seat or take a run for VanHollen's vacated one.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Well, I sent my written exercise in futility to Van Hollen. Doubtless it will find its way to the circular file.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I don't expect him to take up the offer to meet Jack, but maybe he will if enough people call him and ask.

I'd like to see Charles Loller get back into the fight. Either for the Senate seat or take a run for VanHollen's vacated one.

Lollar can't seem to get elected dog catcher. Maybe people would think he's serious if he didn't run for a different office every two years, and focused on something achievable...

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Hell, I am a constituent of Van Hollen. If Jack wants some company, I would be pleased to meet with Van Hollen with him.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Hmm . . .I didn't see the part where once you have satisfied the requirements for a national handgun purchase permit you are automatically eligible for a national carry & wear permit, or covered by the new national reciprocity component of the bill. :rolleyes: Must be one of those that you have to read in its entirety before you see all the details. :lol2:

You have to read between the lines. I am just *sure* it is in there somewhere....

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Sounds like a great idea, I'm all for a nationwide handgun purchase permit! And it wouldn't even have to be tied to carry. Only needs a couple of small adjustments:

1. Submit fingerprints for initial application, then pass NICS check for issue.
    2. Annual renewal with only NICS check.
    3. Good at any FFL, nationwide. Walk in the door, select handgun, show permit, pay the man, and take your gun with you. No further forms or checks required, just show the permit.
    4. Also good for any private transaction, in any/all states. Show the permit to the seller and take your gun with you.

(To use the other side's favorite comparison, once you have a driver's license you can drive any car, in all states.)

Write your representatives, let's get this done!

SigStud

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 8, 2015
    sad...

It would be nice to see what his response would be if the EXACT same requirements applied to voting...

The really sad part was I was having this conversation with a coworker and the response was "Yeah, but you kill anyone by voting!" :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom