• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Last year, I decided for my next gun purchase would be my first revolver. A big gap in my collection, and I have always been drawn to them.

After TONS of research, going through pages and pages of revolver threads, a few gun show trips, hours of youtube videos, and visiting local shops to fondle and get revolver advice....Duffys, 2A Sales, Engage Armament, Tyler Firearms, Freestate, Blue Fins to name a few, were all extremely helpful.
    I finally decided on a S&W 686P 3 inch Talo edition. Thanks to all you guys for helping me in my search for my first revolver!!

In Jan/Feb, I finally found the the exact revolver I was looking for at Engage Armament, and was able to pick it up a week before my Bday in March, perfect timing.
    Big thanks to Nate for hooking me up, and answering all my pm's to make sure no one scooped it before I could get over to the shop!!!

Its a beautiful gun, and the accuracy is just amazing, it may be more accurate than any semi auto I own, yep I think so. Now I see why some of you guys love revolvers so much.

357 Mag

38 Special

treadhead88

Panzerfahrer
    Jun 20, 2009
    Cecil Co.
    I have this one, has a 7 round cylinder.

Attachments

• 686 L. side.JPG
      686 L. side.JPG
      79.9 KB · Views: 609

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    great gun,but get rid of the safety, there is a video and afill in device for the hole and slot.

Thanks all!!

I'm a new school kinda guy I guess, I like the option of having it there. Even though I don't plan to use it, ever, doesn't mean others won't like it. It's an extra feature the older guns don't have. Now if I have a malfunction due to it being there, yes it will go.

If someone feels better arming themselves, or defending a home with children, with it being there, and it get's a firearm into more hands, then that's a good thing.

Glad you're liking it!

We did just get in a 586 L-Comp performance center... :)

170170_01_md.jpg

Love it!! Polished up really nice and shoots great!!:D

Where can I find one? I love that beast!!!

Go see Nate about that performance Center, that thing is super nice, wow :drool:

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    OP, I love those grips!!

I know right, me too!!!

They feel as good as they look:thumbsup::thumbsup:

After you realize how much it would cost to add wood grips this nice, to say a standard 686P with stock rubber grips, it makes sense to go for the Talo model with nice wood grips ready to roll.

It end up being less in the long run. Plus you get a bonus in the forged hammer and trigger.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Thanks all!!

I'm a new school kinda guy I guess, I like the option of having it there. Even though I don't plan to use it, ever, doesn't mean others won't like it. It's an extra feature the older guns don't have. Now if I have a malfunction due to it being there, yes it will go.

If someone feels better arming themselves, or defending a home with children, with it being there, and it get's a firearm into more hands, then that's a good thing.

I would leave it there also. It doesn't hurt anything, and Heaven forbid you ever need to use the gun in self-defense and someone wants to sue or charge you. You can bet the "he's the type of bloodthirsty Rambo cowboy who would go out of his way to disable a safety feature" argument would be used against you.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    This thread had me confused till I read the whole post. I was like, didn't you let me shoot this thing a couple months back, whaddya mean you just got it???

Beautiful revolver. Never understood the effective difference between 38 and 357 til I fired it :D

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    This thread had me confused till I read the whole post. I was like, didn't you let me shoot this thing a couple months back, whaddya mean you just got it???

Beautiful revolver. Never understood the effective difference between 38 and 357 til I fired it :D

haha!! yep this is the same one you shot. Right after I picked this up I shifted my attention to moving. Now that I'm settled, I had some time to put up a post finally, few months over due lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom