• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • [Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Reviving a dead thread. I took my mosquito out today. I gotta say this thing is an excellent training tool.

Horrible trigger - really makes you concentrate on the trigger pull especially on the first shot
    Horrible magazines- today every 9th round failed to fire. I had to push the slide forward about an 8th of an inch so the firing pin could hit the cartridge rim
    FTF'S
    Stove pipes

Seriously tho, great learning tool. You'll encounter every problem and it'll teach you how to operate a firearm. Lol

Mine likes remington gold. With a good magazine I usually have very few problems.

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    As stated it’s a great FTF training tool. Beyond that, worthless gun.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    I have one and haven't had too many problems with it that I can remember. I think my P22 had just as many problems. Maybe I got very lucky, but at the same time I do enjoy it as a great training gun lol. It operates more like a traditional handgun than a Ruger to teach people the basics, it's a 22 for lower kickback than a 9, and the failures provide great learning opportunities. I think it was actually the first firearm that I bought because I wanted to go to a gun range to try some out before I bought an HD gun and they said I had to come with a friend or own one, so I went out and bought the Mosquito lol.

Nov 19, 2015
    Carney
    I have a GSG Firefly (Same gun from the same manufacturer just different branding) I picked up a year ago and have about 1k rounds of CCI Mini-mag through it and it runs like a champ. I've had 2 FTFs but for a gun I picked up for $180 new I can't really complain.

I wish I could run $0.03 rounds through it but it is what it is.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    My PPK/S runs well with any ammo.

But is an older Manurhin made one. Not one of the US made ones.

Which sums up the problem nicely. It used to be that a lot of the pocket pistols were available in .22 LR. Walther's PP series, Beretta's 70 series and 87, the Astra Constable. But they were quality guns, made to the standards of their centerfire counterparts. Not potmetal junk to palm off on cheap fools who refuse to pay for quality.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Beretta 70s are fantastic except for the sights and the expensive magazines. Would love to see them bring those back in modernized format, but there are a bunch on GB if someone wants one. They are probably the only "combat grade" 22 I've ever encountered.

I might be convinced to try one of those Beretta 21As with the factory threaded barrel, too.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    If you want a modern .22 pistol that isn't pot metal, I can recommend the S&W M&P Compact 22, or the Ruger SR22. Both eat whatever I feed them. The Ruger MK series costs a little more but is also super reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom