• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Glock Match in Topton THIS weekend

Anybody else going to the GSSF Match next weekend?

This will be my second time doing a GSSF match and I hope to be better prepared this time since I'm doing the Glock Instructor's Workshop next week.

My wife and I had a great time shooting at the last one. I'll be bringing a shooting cart with a couple of folding chairs also this time so we have somewhere to sit while waiting and don't have to carry a lot of ammo around.

This is me getting ready to shoot the GlockM stage in Johnstown
    GlockM_Johnstown_2015.jpg

Match info is here.

Last edited:

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    I can't make it to Topton but I was at Johnstown. It was very well done and I had a great time. I plan on being much better prepared for the next time that I go to a Glock event. Have fun and good luck!

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    GSSF Match THIS Weekend

Leaving at 7am to try to get there somewhere around 9am. Planning to stop at Shyda's on the way back if we're not shooting too late.

Last edited:

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    Well, I didn't do as well as I would have liked. After the Glock IW this week, I got into the habit of shooting too fast. It took me a few stages to get to slow down and do more precision shooting. I shot civilian, competition, and unlimited (with my stock 34). I got a couple of misses at the longer distance target and a few D's but settled into some better scores later in the match.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Well, I didn't do as well as I would have liked. After the Glock IW this week, I got into the habit of shooting too fast. It took me a few stages to get to slow down and do more precision shooting. I shot civilian, competition, and unlimited (with my stock 34). I got a couple of misses at the longer distance target and a few D's but settled into some better scores later in the match.

Have you added your scores yet? I thought I did worse than I did. Except for subcompact. That one I was as bad as I thought.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    I haven't added them up yet - not sure I'm going to. Will probably just wait until they post the prelim scores in a couple of days. If anything is really wrong, I'll check them.

Last time I was about the middle of the pack (18th place in Civilian IIRC). If I'm the same or better in some, I'll be happy with that for now.

I need to get more time on the range to practice. It will be better when it cools off some. It is hard to be motivated to go when it's so hot.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I added mine up so I can make sure they are entered correctly when they are posted. I have heard the scores getting entered wrong is fairly common.

I had a good time. I will wear pants next time, though. I shot the plate rack last. On the second to last string I caught a piece of lead in the shin. Boy that sucker burned. I shot the last string quick and clean. I was motivated to get that lead out. It wasn't deep but it was a pain to get out without tweezers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom