• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    So my new G21 G4 is having FTF issues. I have been to the range with it a few times. Last time, it occurred once and I shrugged it off. More recently, it occurred twice out of a box of 50....totally unacceptable for a HD pistol.

The facts:
    * Probably only 300 rds through the gun since birth (the gun's, not mine!)
    * TLR1 light on the front- I think this happened once before buying.
    * Fiocchi 230 grain brass ammo. Cheap stuff but not the worst out there.
    * First round feeds fine. This is occurring as the pistol cycles.
    * I was using the included communist 10rd low-capacity magazines, generally filled 6-8 deep.
    * I'm 95% recovered from tennis elbow, so maybe my arm is slightly more bent and more susceptible to "limp wristing" overall. It sounds like a cop-out but I'm serious! Tennis elbow is a b1tch! :mad54:

These are representative photos of what's happening. The ARFCOM thread I pulled photos from was inconclusive and dated...could have been from the days when G4 springs were getting recalled. They ended up giving the guy new/stiffer mag springs, a slide lock spring and trigger :confused:

2f23a4a2-f7fb-403b-85bd-476b3fedc898_zpsa1604c2a.jpg

26fadbec-f929-4942-9bac-3445672a3dad_zpscc47af21.jpg

c2f46e27-0196-4e3a-a635-7ee4274eead0_zps438a5a6a.jpg

I know that I need to get back to range and try to rule out issues (ie, try diff mags, ammo, stiffer grip, etc) but it's going to really annoy me until I can get out there. Any thoughts on the likely culprit?

I see this thread as well but it was a decade old G20. Also OP had ghost connector.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=144529&highlight=glock+ftf

Thanks,
    MD123

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Let someone else shoot it. If it doesn't happen to them, you are limp wristing it. If it does happen to them, then it's the extractor, or crappy ammo.

By the way, I had tendinitis in my elbow for about 3 years. It sucked! Very painful.:tdown::sad20:. The only thing that finally worked for me, was using the elliptical. Shots worked for a month or two. The elliptical cured it.

Last edited:

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Was it the same mag each time? Try a different mag and mark the ones you have to take note of which mag is in the gun when it ftf.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I agree it could be limp writing causing the issues. Glocks seem susceptible to this. as stated, if someone else can shoot the gun successfully, it may be the shooter.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Are you using the Thumbs Forward grip? Google it, if not, it helps avoid limpwristing.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    If the problem continues It's a new pistol.
    Glock has a warranty I assume ?
    Send it back and make THEM fix it.
    Did that with a Springfield 1911 and I got the pistol back with what would have been their "custom shop" service for free.
    Pistol runs flawlessly now ;)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The other posters are trying to determine if it's the pistol or the shooters. Glocks can be finicky about your grip. It may not be the gun. Doing the suggestions may save an unnecessary trip to Smyrna.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Are you using the Thumbs Forward grip? Google it, if not, it helps avoid limpwristing.

Good recommendation, but yes...thumbs are forward. I think that I just need to man up and keep the gimpy arm/wrist straight.

Came across this good video on the topic. I always thought limp wristing caused stove pipes but not necessarily what I've got. See the very first malfunction...slide does not move fully rearward, so it rides over next round, bullet noses up and gets squeezed...just like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom