• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BadKarma

Apr 28, 2015
    Parkville, MD
    Hey everyone.

I was looking into the various M1A rifles as a possible next purchase. Between the Scout and Loaded variants...

I came across a list of the banned assault weapons and saw the Springfield M1A line on the list. Since this was a document from a gun shop instead of official state document wanted to check if it was accurate.

If it is banned is there any way around it similar to HBAR for AR's? Are there other brands with an M1/M14 style rifle (besides M1 Garand Surplus rifles) I should look into?

If not... any recommendations for a different DMR mid-long range semi-auto rifle? Want something that is not an AR or too similar (SCAR). Basically decided this would make more sense than a long range bolt gun since there is nowhere nearby to learn to shoot it past a few hundred yards anyways.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Browning: B.A.R.

Many fine calibers to choose from.

You have to watch the ammo though. None of it performs or kills as efficiently as the same ammo shot out of an M1A...

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    1. You get a field grade garand from the CMP
    2. Send it to shuffs for the mag conversion to a
    Mag fed garand.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Not only are Chinese M14's legal, but so are M14 pistols (haven't seen any made yet) and NFA registered SBR 's (haven't seen that either), or full autos.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That FNAR is a BAR with a pistol grip and side rails. When will the madness end?

Dear Gun Companies,

Pleases stop Tacti-Cooling everything.

Especially my designs.

Signed, John Moses Browning

BadKarma

Apr 28, 2015
    Parkville, MD
    Lovely. So can buy virtually the same thing if its a cheaper made foreign import if I am understanding correctly. For the M14 options at least -_- Way to support American businesses MD politicians.

I guess I will look into the Polytech and Norinco options for now but my first glance saw a good deal of negatives.

This ban makes even less sense than the AK bans to me. When was the last time an M14 was used in a crime it would be fun to know.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Lovely. So can buy virtually the same thing if its a cheaper made foreign import if I am understanding correctly. For the M14 options at least -_- Way to support American businesses MD politicians.

I guess I will look into the Polytech and Norinco options for now but my first glance saw a good deal of negatives.

This ban makes even less sense than the AK bans to me. When was the last time an M14 was used in a crime it would be fun to know.

I would pass on a Norinco or Polytech at this point.

I could be wrong, but I would think parts and repair could be a challenge.

Buy a firearm that can be worked on if need be. A BAR is a fine rifle and I believe you can get quality extended magazines for it. For now.

Feb 28, 2013

The M1A was seen in an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie (Raw Deal). That alone makes it dangerous and must be banned. It's for the children, donchaknow?:rolleyes:

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    The Chinese M1A's not only legal in Maryland, but it's cash 'n' carry.
    Maryland legislatures're poopy-heads who need their Pampers changed.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House

Of course you are going to find negative stuff; it's an American design built by the Chinese. Most of that crap was started by Fulton and Springfield armories
    because you could buy what was essentially the same rifle (and in some ways better) they were making for 1/3 of the price. The only way to compete was to discredit the Chinese offering. You'll read all kinds of stuff about soft bolts, inferior parts, etc., etc. ad nauseam yet no one could ever actually produce proof of that. And it they did find a failure, they tried to say that all were that way. With a little research though, you will find lots and lots of guys like me who have actually OWNED one for many many years with absolutely ZERO problems. This poor dead horse gets beaten over and over and the same old crap gets rehashed over and over. Yeah....they're Chinese so they're junk. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom