• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I contacted the patent holder. He says
    As many may not know, the strength of a patent is in the description on what it accomplishes not in the renderings . The idea is applying a tool to an AR. Yes a standard lower would break. I have designed a completely new upper and lower around this. Plus. It would cover detachable tools too.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That's awful, all of it. That area of the AR will not sustain prying without bending the R.E., unless their R.E. is made from steel, which means you break the lower instead.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I hate to defend stupid, but couldn't you just make the lower out of steel? Reinforce stress points and such? Or would the force just get transferred to the upper?

Yes, its possible. Its expensive though, for tooling. Years ago thete were steel AR lowers for thise thatuse single shot .50BMG Uppers.

Heavy and expensive.

I would prefer to have a hawk or shovel that can be put in a pack. Maybe Im weird?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Yes, its possible. Its expensive though, for tooling. Years ago thete were steel AR lowers for thise thatuse single shot .50BMG Uppers.

Heavy and expensive.

I would prefer to have a hawk or shovel that can be put in a pack. Maybe Im weird?

No I agree, someone using the rifle like this is just shy of a frontal lobotomy. Seperate tools for seperate tasks. I'd look like a fvcking idiot trying to take a wheel off with a 1/4" ratchet.

I always wondered why they didn't offer a steel AR for people concerned with SHTF. Might make lots of $$$$ off of idiots.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    13417397_10153509174046502_5475575703868033121_n.jpg

I'm thinking I called it on the pistol notastock

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Tracey Copeland Thanks for your input. Yes all of that had been taken into consideration 2 years ago when we started this project and we have overcome all challenges. There are still some the reasons we did this that we haven't disclosed yet.

Because stabbing the back of your head is a challenge we all strive to overcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom