• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    SK Rifle Match and Wolf Match Extra (both made by Lapua) are my faves so far in my CZ 455

I've been wanting to try CCI Green Tag but yet to find it anywhere.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I prefer CCI Mini Mags in pretty much any .22LR firearm. Consistent, clean, really reliable, and not terribly expensive. Good accuracy, too. However, I do run CCI Stingers or Aguila SuperMaximum HyperVelocity rounds in my Ruger Mk. III. Makes that heavy action move!

I am also a big fan of anything Eley, especially in nice target bolt guns. I can make quarter-sized groups with my Winchester 75 target at anything I can through the sights. However, this stuff is expensive. I also like Super Colibris when I am introducing new shooters to firearms, especially if they are concerned about noise or flinching.

The only firearm I have ever had good luck using any Remington .22LR is my Remington 511, the aforementioned Model 75 Target, and a Daisy Legacy bolt gun I was given as a kid. It sucks in pretty much anything else (but I have a stockpile because it's about the only stuff available sometimes).

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    My .22s have no problem with Federal bulk and Winchester bulk. They don't care for the CCI Quiets though. They are quiet through my can, but don't cycle the actions.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My .22s have no problem with Federal bulk and Winchester bulk. They don't care for the CCI Quiets though. They are quiet through my can, but don't cycle the actions.

I'm pretty sure the box on the quiets specifically says it won't cycle any semi. Totally normal.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

I'm pretty sure the box on the quiets specifically says it won't cycle any semi. Totally normal.

Correct. Box says may be used in semi's but will require manual cycling.

They are so quiet without a can, I have no idea why someone would try them with a can. Actually quieter than most air guns.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

They are so quiet without a can, I have no idea why someone would try them with a can. Actually quieter than most air guns.

They're fun with a can. Like you said, quiter than an air gun.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

To make them ridiculously quiet? Dunno, I mean, yeah compared to any other gun shot it is quiet, but it's louder than a lot of doors I've slammed in anger.

I feel like they would be ridiculous fun in a 22 lever action.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

At some point I may try another box of bulk Winchester, but the one BPS wood box brick I got sucks. Similar performance in my 10/22 and when I had it my Mossberg Plinkster. About 1 in 100 duds, 1 in 25 requiring a second primer strike to set it off, 1 in 25 failure to eject and 1 in 50 stove pipe. The new ejector in my 10/22 might help some of the later stuff, but accuracy is still at best 3" at 50yds. Automatch is about 2" and minimags/Aguila target have been the best at about 1.5". Stock 10/22 as far as the shooty bits.

I haven't tried Federal bulk CPHP yet, but I have one of the 525 round boxes ready to try out at some point. I rechecked after getting 3 more boxes of automatch yesterday, but I've got about 2100rnds of automatch (6.5 boxes), which makes me very happy.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    To make them ridiculously quiet? Dunno, I mean, yeah compared to any other gun shot it is quiet, but it's louder than a lot of doors I've slammed in anger.

I feel like they would be ridiculous fun in a 22 lever action.

Quiets in a lever would be fun.

I don't know what guns you've shot them out of, but in mine they were all quieter than a slammed door. I'd say about the same as a truck door closing. Maybe my doors are too loud.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    10/22. Maybe I need to shoot more. Only shot the one round in very quiet woods with no ear pro on. Seemed kind of loud. Not like gunshot loud of course. Quieter than suppressed supersonic ammo.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I shot my new Marlin 60 today with Aguila .22 and it did great. All functioned well and no misfires of the 100 rounds I shot.

Attachments

• Aguila.jpg
      Aguila.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 307

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I shot my new Marlin 60 today with Aguila .22 and it did great. All functioned well and no misfires of the 100 rounds I shot.

I've got a brick of their LRN SE and rifle target ammo. Only shot about 20rnds of each, but they functioned well and grouped well, really, really well for the target. I also got a box of 7.62x51 from them I picked up recently to try out. Crimped primer pockets, but no sealant.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Just about anything made by Federal. Those 500 rnd value pack bricks work in all my .22s. And the CCI mini mags work well too but they're pricey

I really have no idea about .22 prices since I bought all my stuff about 10 years ago

I never cared for Aguila as that stuff seemed to be very dirty

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom