• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I just ordered a Sub2000 in .40 S&W (Glock 23). Any tips from Sub2000 owners out there?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I just ordered a Sub2000 in .40 S&W (Glock 23). Any tips from Sub2000 owners out there?

Don't let the mushy, long trigger pull bum you out. At 25-50 yards, this thing is plenty accurate off of iron sights.

If you've never held one, despite having read about it, the small folding size and the light weight are still going to be a pleasant surprise.

KelTec sells an inexpensive, soft padded carrying case for under $30. It takes a bit of internet searching to find it at the right price sometimes, but it's worth getting.

Yeah, get the 9...LOL

:D

TargetSportsUSA still has the Gen 2 Glock 17 mag version for $500.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have a Glock 23Gen4. That's why I got the Sub2000 Gen2 in .40 for the G23. I got it brand new on Gun Broker for $386.
    Now that I can consistently get .40 for around $13, the appeal of lower priced 9mm ammo is not what it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Don't let the mushy, long trigger pull bum you out. At 25-50 yards, this thing is plenty accurate off of iron sights.

If you've never held one, despite having read about it, the small folding size and the light weight are still going to be a pleasant surprise.

KelTec sells an inexpensive, soft padded carrying case for under $30. It takes a bit of internet searching to find it at the right price sometimes, but it's worth getting.

:D

TargetSportsUSA still has the Gen 2 Glock 17 mag version for $500.

Thanks for the advice. I've held one before and I'm looking forward to shooting this. I've had a pistol caliber carbine for years, but nothing this lightweight and portable.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    10mm is one of the few pistol calibers I've never shot (along with .357 Sig).

That makes two of us actually. I haven't had a chance to take my Glock 29 out for a test drive. But I'm really excited for next Saturday. :D

From what I've read, 10mm is plenty potent from a short barrel, but a carbine couldn't hurt longer range accuracy. Plus recoil mitigation.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That makes two of us actually. I haven't had a chance to take my Glock 29 out for a test drive. But I'm really excited for next Saturday. :D

From what I've read, 10mm is plenty potent from a short barrel, but a carbine couldn't hurt longer range accuracy. Plus recoil mitigation.

Sure, but like actual magnums, 10mm gains a lot from a long barrel. 16" barrel and you can get 180gr JHP up to around 1700FPS. I can't recall what it is out of something like a 4-5" barrel, but 1700FPS with the kind of BCs you are talking and that is a legit 200 yard pistol carbine where a 9mm it is kind of spray and pray at those kinds of distances because of the huge bullet drop. I wonder if they make any ballistic tipped 10mm rounds like FTX.

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    I think the appeal of 9mm vs. .40 in this application is the availability of 33 round GLOCK mags. Legally obtained, of course.

Glock has factory 22 round mags for .40 and you can add a Dawson +4 basepad.

Also, ETS makes a 30 round aftermarket .40 magazine which I've only heard good things about. Which is allegedly compatible with the Dawson +4 basepad, making for 34 rounds of .40 cal. That's pretty potent. Link: http://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Glock-22-210-40-Caliber-30-round-mag-p/glk-22-210.htm

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    Take a look at the Kel-Tec Owners Group Forum at http://www.thektog.org/forum/f85/ for a lot of great information and ideas.

Mine is Glock 19 with: Tacticool bolt tube cover, ATI recoil pad and operating handle cover, flash hider for looks, UTG Apache folding fore grip, Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot on a UTG 3-Slot QD lever mount adaptor/riser medium profile (nice co-witness), all fits nice and snug inside an Elite Survival Large Pistol Case when the red dot is stored on the bottom rail.

I tried the extremely low profile offset rail mount mentioned on KTOG forum, but did not like the way the gun ran, so I flattened off the rail where I wanted to mount the sight with a careful hand and a file (the polymer rail has a bulge in it so it is not flat, which keeps the sight from holding zero). Also flattened the underside rail where I store the sight since the QD would not hold firmly to both the flattened top rail and an un-flattened bottom rail.

It only takes seconds to move the RD from the storage position on the bottom rail to the top. Holds zero very nicely after five range trips!

Attachments

• 20170131_175802.jpg
      20170131_175802.jpg
      39.9 KB · Views: 249
    • 20170131_175857.jpg
      20170131_175857.jpg
      55.4 KB · Views: 253
    Last edited:

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Spend another $100 at Mcarbo for their trigger, spring kit, and extended charging handle. Worth every penny. They also have an aluminum trigger guard that I don't see the value in. Coming soon will be a rotating red dot mount similar to Midwest Industry's version. Mcarbo's will have a better mount to the rail. They're also releasing a flat trigger and extended mag release soon.
    Don't tell them I shared this...
    https://www.mcarbo.com/top-secret-access-research-and-development.aspx

I also have the bolt tube cover, but I'm not in love with it.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County

Thanks. I just ordered the offset mount, buffer tube cover, and the ATI recoil pad. I already have the foregrip.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Spend another $100 at Mcarbo for their trigger, spring kit, and extended charging handle. Worth every penny. They also have an aluminum trigger guard that I don't see the value in. Coming soon will be a rotating red dot mount similar to Midwest Industry's version. Mcarbo's will have a better mount to the rail. They're also releasing a flat trigger and extended mag release soon.
    Don't tell them I shared this...
    https://www.mcarbo.com/top-secret-access-research-and-development.aspx

I also have the bolt tube cover, but I'm not in love with it.

:thumbsup:
    I have the spring set and the trigger from MCARBO.

They are worthy additions to the platform on my Gen 1 G17 model.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Love the tube cover, I will be ordering one for sure.

What is everyone using for a sling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom