• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Does anyone know a reason why MSP wouldn't approve the Ruger 22/45 Mark IV Tactical? I believe the model number (40149) was submitted long ago but the pistol is still not on the handgun roster. Is it the scary "Tacticoolness"? :lol:

dpeKYRx.jpg

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Does anyone know a reason why MSP wouldn't approve the Ruger 22/45 Mark IV Tactical? I believe the model number (40149) was submitted long ago but the pistol is still not on the handgun roster. Is it the scary "Tacticoolness"? :lol:

dpeKYRx.jpg

Have you called the secretary for the Roster Board and asked??

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't approve it. Maybe they didn't feel that they needed to because they approved the 22/45 itself and the tactical just adds a rail?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The usual reason that the board doesn't approve an otherwise-reasonable gun is mechanical failure. I had to resubmit a gun because the mag catch was broken, for instance. I can almost guarantee they didn't care about the threaded barrel.

In this case, I'd bet good money it had to do with the recall.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Some states get butthurt over a threaded barrel. Could hat be an issue?

I was thinking about that but the Mark IV 22/45 Lite models are approved and they have a threaded barrel. How did all of these Mark IV models get approved on the roster anyway if there was a recall regarding the safety selector on the gun? What's the criteria for a gun to be on the roster or not or did they just drop the ball on this model?

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    The usual reason that the board doesn't approve an otherwise-reasonable gun is mechanical failure. I had to resubmit a gun because the mag catch was broken, for instance. I can almost guarantee they didn't care about the threaded barrel.

In this case, I'd bet good money it had to do with the recall.

The recall was addressed quickly and promptly and they have a solution for the problem. Not sure why this would prevent a specific model from being on the approved roster.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The recall was addressed quickly and promptly and they have a solution for the problem. Not sure why this would prevent a specific model from being on the approved roster.
    Because if someone submitted a recalled-but-unfixed gun (as in, that physical gun was part of the recall and it had not been fixed), they would not test it, and thus it would not make the roster. Or they might have asked for more information on which guns were affected. Any number of possibilities.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Do they have to give an accounting for failed firearms, or do they just go off into the desert to never be heard from again?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I checked and this (among other items) was taken up June 22nd roster board. http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...onBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

It takes several weeks to get published in MD register http://www.dsd.state.md.us/MDR/mdregister.html, and then goes on roster 30 days after.

The minutes from June 22nd wont be published until August.

As far as I can tell, nothing from June 22nd made it to the MD Register yet. Does not mean anything was denied, just that it was not sent in time for publication. Might show up next issue of MD Register (july 21st?)

there can be some many weeks between when the Board approved it, and when it officially goes on roster. May have a few more weeks to go.

For example: Firearms approved at Feb 16th meeting did not go in roster until Apr 3rd.

Do they wait to approve minutes at the next meeting before sending to MD Register? If so, it wont be in MD register until Sept.

In any case, Id say its likely they approved it, but it may not get to official roster for a month or more.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I checked and this (among other items) was taken up June 22nd roster board. http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...onBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

It takes several weeks to get published in MD register http://www.dsd.state.md.us/MDR/mdregister.html, and then goes on roster 30 days after.

The minutes from June 22nd wont be published until August.

As far as I can tell, nothing from June 22nd made it to the MD Register yet. Does not mean anything was denied, just that it was not sent in time for publication. Might show up next issue of MD Register (july 21st?)

there can be some many weeks between when the Board approved it, and when it officially goes on roster. May have a few more weeks to go.

For example: Firearms approved at Feb 16th meeting did not go in roster until Apr 3rd.

Do they wait to approve minutes at the next meeting before sending to MD Register? If so, it wont be in MD register until Sept.

In any case, Id say its likely they approved it, but it may not get to official roster for a month or more.

Thanks. That greatly clarifies things. I thought unapproved firearms might just go into some kind of black hole.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Thanks. That greatly clarifies things. I thought unapproved firearms might just go into some kind of black hole.

As predicted (July 21):

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/MDR/4415/Assembled.htm

The following is a list of handguns that the Handgun Roster Board proposes to add to the official handgun roster. These handguns will be officially placed on the Handgun Roster if no timely objection is received or if all timely objections are dismissed. Under the Public Safety Article, §5-405, Annotated Code of Maryland and COMAR 29.03.03.13 and .14, any person may object to the placement of any of those handguns on the Handgun Roster. Objections must be filed within 30 days after July 21, 2017.

Scroll through the table and you will see:

Sturm Ruger
    22/45 Mark IV Tactical
    .22 LR

i.e.... it was approved.

Not sure how soon after Aug 21st the roster gets updated. Best guess, Sept 1, since final regulations are due 10:30am August 23 (see table at the beginning of MD register). But if they miss that deadline, Sept 15th is the next opportunity to publish the updated roster in the Register.

And a little song to help out:

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Scroll through the table and you will see:

Sturm Ruger
    22/45 Mark IV Tactical
    .22 LR

i.e.... it was approved.
    i was going to say, i was in an IP recently talking about picking one up and while they weren't in stock, the issue of it not being on the roster didn't come up. so i'd been assuming it would show as you've demonstrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom