• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    One problem is, there are SO many choices for a 10/22, and most work fine. It is all personal preference.

I am leaning to make one that is integrally suppressed and will cycle CCI Quiets.

You'll need the Volquartsen Firefly bolt to make a 10/22 work with Quiets. I've done a lot of work with one of my 10/22 rifles to get them to work. I've milled weight out of a standard bolt, replaced springs in trigger assembly and recoil spring. I've done it all and I cannot get the Quiets to function. Now Volquartsen came out with the Firefly bolt. It only weighs 3 oz and will work with any ammo under 1000 fps. Not recommended for ammo greater than 1000 fps.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    One problem is, there are SO many choices for a 10/22, and most work fine. It is all personal preference.

I am leaning to make one that is integrally suppressed and will cycle CCI Quiets.
    Oh most definitely, I had never customized one to this extent before so I was just looking for ideas that I'd overlooked.

The integrated suppressed barrels with the can cages are pretty nifty. I had heard about the firefly bolt while building this one, word on the street is that it works.

That would be one heck of a rifle.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Oh most definitely, I had never customized one to this extent before so I was just looking for ideas that I'd overlooked.

The integrated suppressed barrels with the can cages are pretty nifty. I had heard about the firefly bolt while building this one, word on the street is that it works.

That would be one heck of a rifle.

I'll let you know. As soon as I get off my lazy butt and buy one. That bolt is only 3 oz, compared to 6-7 oz for a regular Ruger bolt.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    I'll let you know. As soon as I get off my lazy butt and buy one. That bolt is only 3 oz, compared to 6-7 oz for a regular Ruger bolt.
    Please do. Action shots! I have had 4 10/22's at this point. I never get tired of them or learning about them.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Check out rimfirecentral.com
    They have guys that will cut the factory barrel back to put a better chamber in 10/22's. Said to tighten up groups pretty good

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You'll need the Volquartsen Firefly bolt to make a 10/22 work with Quiets. I've done a lot of work with one of my 10/22 rifles to get them to work. I've milled weight out of a standard bolt, replaced springs in trigger assembly and recoil spring. I've done it all and I cannot get the Quiets to function. Now Volquartsen came out with the Firefly bolt. It only weighs 3 oz and will work with any ammo under 1000 fps. Not recommended for ammo greater than 1000 fps.

Yeah, I have read your thread of trying to get it to work.

Saw the Rugar integrally suppressed TD barrel setup.

So a Volquartsen bolt and the Ruger SR and a Ruger TakeDown with BX trigger, and be up and running.

Or have Volquarten build a custom with no barrel or a Gemtech Myst, if they will.

Parallax-Free

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2017
    Balt. Co MD
    Yeah, I have read your thread of trying to get it to work.

Saw the Rugar integrally suppressed TD barrel setup.

So a Volquartsen bolt and the Ruger SR and a Ruger TakeDown with BX trigger, and be up and running.

Or have Volquarten build a custom with no barrel or a Gemtech Myst, if they will.
    I'm not really a big fan of the BX trigger, that's why I ended up with Hornet custom, the one I got was more than a BX but they have many different styles and pull weights. They have an ebay store if you're interested. Cheaper than Timney, much more smooth the BX. But obviously the BX is a massive upgrade from stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom