• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csuare1

May 6, 2018
    Baltimore City
    Hey folks, new member here and glad to be joining you all. Still getting used to the platform so forgive me if I am reposting on something that may have been touched upon already and if this is lengthy.

so, just got my HQL approved (submitted 4/21 active 5/4) and also turned in my W&C app this past Friday (5/4)
    The g&s i submitted w the app stemmed from three separate incidents and I would like to hear you guys' opinions or experience with being approved/denied with reasons like the ones i used. For reference, I live in Baltimore City. Back in 2016, my home got broken into twice in one week. the first time, i pulled up to the house to find the perp burglarizing my home attempting to make out with a safe and some other items. Chased him away and thought it was over. 3 days later, mother and I arrived home to the house having been broken into AGAIN and this time the safe and other things were gone, and they even left through the front door.
    FFW to feb 2018, moved into a new home in SE district of the City with my gf, and 2 months after moving in, we were carjacked and robbed at gunpoint ONE BLOCK from our home. Naturally all these incidents were reported to police and I provided all docs w the w&c app. Additionally have some medical issues w my knee so submitted that documentation too.

Thoughts on likelihood of getting granted a license? Thanks guys!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Based on experience, I'd say that the MSP will say that those were crimes of opportunity, and were not directed at you specifically. So sorry, not G&S, but it IS BS.

Unless you can prove that you were targeted, then you're just another unlucky schmuck like the rest of us.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Unless you can prove you were specifically targeted each time I'd say you are SOL. Sounds like just the perks of living in Baltimore :sad20:

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Sorry but:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      14.9 KB · Views: 578

jtaldow

www.mises.org
    Jan 28, 2018
    Montgomery County, MD
    i'm not as familiar with this system as the other posters, so after reading your original post i figured you'd be a shoe-in. After reading the replies, it sounds like you probably won't get it. You are the prime example for why this permitting system is broken.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    i'm not as familiar with this system as the other posters, so after reading your original post i figured you'd be a shoe-in. After reading the replies, it sounds like you probably won't get it. You are the prime example for why this permitting system is broken.

It's not broken.

It's working precisely as designed.

To prevent as many people as possible from obtaining a concealed carry permit for self defense.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    It's not broken.

It's working precisely as designed.

To prevent as many people as possible from obtaining a concealed carry permit for self defense.

Agreed. It allows just enough people to get permits for the state to be able to claim it is not preventing people from getting them.

Worgenski

Mar 2, 2013
    We believe a good with a gun is the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun. Maryland believes nobody stops a bad guy with a gun.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    We believe a good with a gun is the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun. Maryland believes nobody stops a bad guy with a gun.

Well gee, isn't it more like the state believes that laws and signs are what stop bad guys with guns from committing crimes? :innocent0

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Post Count ! ( Sarcasm) ( Credible inquiry, internal consistency, not stirring disention , not seeking info with high potential of being maliciously spun )

The optimistic answer is the OP's chances are better than Zero .

The sad answer is that unless their were buncha additional detains in the OP's situation not related in his summation, the chances are only modestly greater than the average citizen .

The 5% cynical, mostly serious commentary, is that the OP's relocation after the second burglary didn't involve enough distance .

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I think you have a shot, especially with the board. Focus on the multiple robberies to show that you are infact being targeted. At the board show what you are in more danger than the average citizen. Play up your knee problem. You can't flee right?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Many of us remember BS281 testimony like it was yesterday.

A scenario came up where a one armed veteran would benefit from a high capacity magazine because it would take two hands to undertake a magazine change in a gunfight.

The MGA shot that idea down.

If Maryland won't allow a one armed veteran access to a high capacity magazine, Maryland won't allow a guy with a bum knee access to a carry permit.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    If I was a betting man I'd say no, otherwise everyone in the city would be carrying. If you truly care about your safety move.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    If I was a betting man I'd say no, otherwise everyone in the city would be carrying. If you truly care about your safety move.

I think alot of Baltimore is already carrying, the problem is it's the wrong croud .

csuare1

May 6, 2018
    Baltimore City
    Thanks so much for the info and replies guys, I'm definitely getting mixed vibes but I guess i won't get my hopes up as i'll prob just be SOL haha. I summarized the g&s roughly as much as i could for this particular post but i definitely went into more detail and documented a lot in the app. If i can figure out a way to attach the pic of what i wrote for my G&S in the app ill def show u guys so you can get the full feel for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom