• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club will be putting on two NRA Women On Target® clinics in the Fall: September 29 and October 27. The NRA Women On Target® program is designed to introduce women to the shooting sports. If women are curious about firearms, whether for personal defense or to learn a new sport, Women On Target® is the perfect place to start. This instructional shooting clinic is designed to teach women about firearm safety and the fundamentals of marksmanship, giving them the confidence they need to safely handle and operate a firearm upon completion.
    Women On Target® clinics are available only to women — it’s a safe and friendly environment whether they are picking up a gun for the very first time or are just brushing off some dust and need a little refresher. The clinic is all day and no experience or equipment is necessary to participate. Our 2018 event will include instruction and range time with handguns: both semi-automatic and revolvers. A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. We will also be offering additional training so that you can receive the MD Handgun Qualification License. The HQL allows a person to purchase a pistol in the state of Maryland. This is not for the Wear and Carry permit.

If you are interested in attending either clinic, please email Patty West at mrpc_wot@monumental.org. A complete application packet will be emailed to you. Please note this is a very popular class and it will fill up quickly, so do not delay in your response. We look forward to introducing you to the shooting sports!

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I'm trying to convince the 2 women I live with (wife & kid), but that's like herding cats.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    Thank you mcbruzdzinski and those who ran this event today. My wife attended because I wanted her to, but ended up having a great time. She’s never showed an interest shooting before, but now she’s interested in going to the range with me. Today they were told there will be a rifle and shotgun course in the future, and my wife’s interested in attending that.

Thank you to the instructors and volunteers who show women that shooting is fun and giving them the confidence to pursue shooting.

If anyone has a woman in their life who does not shoot, I strongly recommend you encourage them to take this course.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Thank you mcbruzdzinski and those who ran this event today. My wife attended because I wanted her to, but ended up having a great time. She’s never showed an interest shooting before, but now she’s interested in going to the range with me. Today they were told there will be a rifle and shotgun course in the future, and my wife’s interested in attending that.

Thank you to the instructors and volunteers who show women that shooting is fun and giving them the confidence to pursue shooting.

If anyone has a woman in their life who does not shoot, I strongly recommend you encourage them to take this course.

I am glad your wife had a great time! I will pass your comments along to all involved. I know we encourage the ladies to come back and join one of the AGC clubs and become involved in the shooting sports!

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    She is talking about it. And just this morning she recommended the October class to a friend at church.

What a great program to get women involved in shooting. Thanks again!

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have worked several the of these at another club. Never had a negative comment about the program. The ladies love it. We have mother daughter teams, sisters, and even retired member of the Bush administration come through.
    All the volunteers have a great time. It’s a great experience for the ladies as well as the instructors.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I have worked several the of these at another club. Never had a negative comment about the program. The ladies love it. We have mother daughter teams, sisters, and even retired member of the Bush administration come through.
    All the volunteers have a great time. It’s a great experience for the ladies as well as the instructors.
    For sure any Women On Target event I have participated in has been a "win-win" event. I have been fortunate to have done several in MD, DE, PA, VA, and NC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom