• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If you look at these things you will see it's not really an AR-15 upper. The unit includes everything that an AR-15 Lower has with the exception of the trigger group assembly and shoulder stock. It has the bolt which contains the firing pin extractor and ejector and the magazine well. About the only thing that the AR-15 Lower and stock that it attaches to do is allow you to shoulder the firearm and pulled the trigger. I don't think this ruling will have any bearing on real AR uppers. At least from the standpoint of the ATF. Communist States like Maryland may use it as an excuse to Force uppers to be considered firearms. I for one would not want to fire one of these. There's absolutely no recoil buffer. I think it would hurt... Bad

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    With other options out there for close to that price in semi auto. It is novelty piece. I would rather go 50 beowolf or 458SOCOM on a traditional AR lower if I wanted "big" round.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Sounds like they want to import them from somewhere? There have been quite a few existing bolt action uppers for the AR-15. This sounds like they were trying to import the uppers, and asked about clearance to do so.

Q

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    With other options out there for close to that price in semi auto.
    Like????
    A Serbu BFG50A is >$7k. I think that is the least expensive semi-auto bmg. Big cost gap between the bolt actions and semi.
    50 beo/458 SOCOM isn't even close to 50 BMG for 'big'.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Are there any current firearms that require two “firearm” registrations?

Should Safety Harbor be asked for an answer or at least let them know of the implications this may have. As we know MD will be first to act on this, right after magazines, adjustable stocks, quick acquisition optics, etc. No grandfathering,

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If you look at these things you will see it's not really an AR-15 upper. The unit includes everything that an AR-15 Lower has with the exception of the trigger group assembly and shoulder stock. It has the bolt which contains the firing pin extractor and ejector and the magazine well. About the only thing that the AR-15 Lower and stock that it attaches to do is allow you to shoulder the firearm and pulled the trigger. I don't think this ruling will have any bearing on real AR uppers. At least from the standpoint of the ATF. Communist States like Maryland may use it as an excuse to Force uppers to be considered firearms. I for one would not want to fire one of these. There's absolutely no recoil buffer. I think it would hurt... Bad

This is a really good post.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The ATF Tech Branch usually calls them like they see them. We may not be seeing the whole issue.

Q

Mr._Magoo.jpg

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I hate to be a naysayer but this ruling sounds to me like only one short step away from regulating all AR uppers. that might not be the intent right now but the political winds are often not in favor of gun owners these days. If they can ignore the trigger unit housing part of the law regarding these, they can ignore them in a ruling on semi-auto AR-15's too.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I hate to be a naysayer but this ruling sounds to me like only one short step away from regulating all AR uppers. that might not be the intent right now but the political winds are often not in favor of gun owners these days. If they can ignore the trigger unit housing part of the law regarding these, they can ignore them in a ruling on semi-auto AR-15's too.

^THIS. One more nibble of the cake.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Since I have a dog in this fight, I'm really interested in what happens to the SH50 uppers that are already out in the world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom