• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    My Griffin Armament Revolution 45 suppressor is threaded for M16X1LH (USP Tactical).
    However, the pistol I want to use has a barrel thread of 1/2x28. It's 9mm.
    Anyway to overcome this hurdle with some kind of adapter? Any ideas?
    Thanks!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    My Griffin Armament Revolution 45 suppressor is threaded for M16X1LH (USP Tactical).
    However, the pistol I want to use has a barrel thread of 1/2x28. It's 9mm.
    Anyway to overcome this hurdle with some kind of adapter? Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    You need to disassemble your booster assembly, remove the M16X1LH piston, and replace it with a Griffin Armament 1/2x28 piston:

https://www.griffinarmament.com/silencer-pistons/

They sell 3 different 1/2x28 pistons. Most likely you want the regular one, but if you are not sure please email them to ask.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    You need to disassemble your booster assembly, remove the M16X1LH piston, and replace it with a Griffin Armament 1/2x28 piston:

https://www.griffinarmament.com/silencer-pistons/

They sell 3 different 1/2x28 pistons. Most likely you want the regular one, but if you are not sure please email them to ask.

Thank you sir for the reply. Greatly appreciated!
    The suppressor has never been used (still in box), but I believe it is no longer the newest generation.It's an earlier one. Because of some complaints, I heard they will swap for the newer one (3) for approx. $148.00. I just read that today. I assume my suppressor allows for the swapping of pistons.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Thank you sir for the reply. Greatly appreciated!
    The suppressor has never been used (still in box), but I believe it is no longer the newest generation.It's an earlier one. Because of some complaints, I heard they will swap for the newer one (3) for approx. $148.00. I just read that today. I assume my suppressor allows for the swapping of pistons.
    That is my understanding as well.

Here is the link to purchase the service + instructions:

https://www.griffinarmament.com/revolution-silencer-upgrade/

Also here is a YouTube video with some recent metering for the Rev 45 in case you were wondering how it stacks up:

https://youtu.be/XkEyJZG9lw8

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    fbi_surveillance_van

Thanks for all your comments. Now, based on my reading on Griffin Arm., I need to determine if I have Gen 1, 2 or 3? I think Griffin is saying that, if you have Rev 45 Gen2 or 3, then you don't need to upgrade the booster housing. Gen 1, then yes you do,

From Griffin site: "YOU DO NOT NEED THIS UPGRADE IF YOU HAVE OR ARE PURCHASING A REVOLUTION GEN 2 (or later) OR RESISTANCE SILENCER. THIS IS FOR REVOLUTION GEN 1 USER. This comes with Gen 2 and on."

Update: From what I can tell, it does appear that it might be a Gen 2 or 3 Revolution 45. They have a Memorial Day 15% discount, but wouldn’t you know they are out of stock on the regular 1/2x28 thread pitch. Only have the Extended one and I don’t know what it is used for.

Last edited:

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Not proficient at uploading picture from my IPhone 11 camera. I tried, but to no avail.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Have you tried contacting GA? I'd assume they can look up your serial # and tell you.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Have you tried contacting GA? I'd assume they can look up your serial # and tell you.

No, I haven’t. I did email them earlier today. They’re having a sale this weekend and already out of stock on the regular 1/2x28 thread pitch piston. Still have Extended (whatever that is used for).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom