• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I dont see it that way. I see a declaration of a 2A Sanctuary as another tactic to use for us to be heard. We protest, we picket, we donate, we march, we write our congressmen, and now we declare a 2A Sanctuary. Just another weapon we are using to get/keep our rights.
    Hell, the libs use illegal immigration sanctuaries in thier rhetoric. Why can't we?

OK so let me ask you...Have any of these tactics actually stopped any infringement? While I think they have been valuable tools in the past to put the gun grabbers on notice I also think they have been over used to the point where the democrats just laugh at them while they vote yes on any and all gun control bills. Your letter and email writing has done one thing...Given Democrats practice at saying F U we are going to pass these bills anyway in a tactful, polite manner...

If running to the end of our chains and barking is all we have we will never win. Let's see how this SCOTUS case being considered now turns out. I suspect it will be like most others....outwardly it will look like a win but in reality there will be enough loop holes and gray area that infringement will continue unabated just like with nearly every other "victory" gun owners celebrate. Many people here don't like me because I am very raw about how I feel with their failed actions and that's not going to stop. The Heller case is a prime example of how the SCOTUS grants hollow victories. The case affirmed that we have the right to own a handgun for self defense....but only in our homes. It also went on to say that the 2A is NOT an unlimited right and would continue to be regulated...REGULATED is just another word for infringement. The anti gunners have used that very statement from the SCOTUS to pass tyrannical infringement all across the country and it now all has the SCOTUS blessing. And gun owners sit at home watching their rights being taken away all while sitting on the hands and trying the same failed tactics they have used for nearly 4 decades...Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the clinical definition of insanity. Yet here we are...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I don't do farcebook, but what can I do to support 2A sanctuary in Calvert?

Twitter. "Community-based" message board items. Build awareness to our side of the argument.

The way to win this is to surround the Liberal enclave counties with sanctuaries. One town at a time.

Think small; plan big.

I dont see it that way. I see a declaration of a 2A Sanctuary as another tactic to use for us to be heard. We protest, we picket, we donate, we march, we write our congressmen, and now we declare a 2A Sanctuary. Just another weapon we are using to get/keep our rights.

Hell, the libs use illegal immigration sanctuaries in thier rhetoric. Why can't we?

That's a very astute point! A Sanctuary County is a state of mind, not an actual location. A classic PSYOP. Perhaps too subtle a concept for some, but it got the VA Assembly to back off the AWB for a year.

Twitter. "Community-based" message board items. Build awareness to our side of the argument.

The way to win this is to surround the Liberal enclave counties with sanctuaries. One town at a time.

Think small; plan big.

That's a very astute point! A Sanctuary County is a state of mind, not an actual location. A classic PSYOP. Perhaps too subtle a concept for some, but it got the VA Assembly to back off the AWB for a year.

Did you happen to see the pre-filed bill for the 2021 session on the VCDL page today? Basically it says any law enforcement who does not enforce these new gun control laws will be arrested and charged. THAT is why 2A sanctuaries will never actually work. It's just more smoke and mirrors. AND it does nothing to stop the liberals from passing infringement nor does it do anything to repeal infringement. You can have all the "state of mind" and PSYOP you'd like...NONE of that is going to dissuade the democrats (and apparently some Republicans) from passing gun control.

If gun owners keep using these same do nothing tactics we WILL have to fight...and those who actually DO fight won't forget those who refused.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    OK so let me ask you...Have any of these tactics actually stopped any infringement? While I think they have been valuable tools in the past to put the gun grabbers on notice I also think they have been over used to the point where the democrats just laugh at them while they vote yes on any and all gun control bills. Your letter and email writing has done one thing...Given Democrats practice at saying F U we are going to pass these bills anyway in a tactful, polite manner...

If running to the end of our chains and barking is all we have we will never win. Let's see how this SCOTUS case being considered now turns out. I suspect it will be like most others....outwardly it will look like a win but in reality there will be enough loop holes and gray area that infringement will continue unabated just like with nearly every other "victory" gun owners celebrate. Many people here don't like me because I am very raw about how I feel with their failed actions and that's not going to stop. The Heller case is a prime example of how the SCOTUS grants hollow victories. The case affirmed that we have the right to own a handgun for self defense....but only in our homes. It also went on to say that the 2A is NOT an unlimited right and would continue to be regulated...REGULATED is just another word for infringement. The anti gunners have used that very statement from the SCOTUS to pass tyrannical infringement all across the country and it now all has the SCOTUS blessing. And gun owners sit at home watching their rights being taken away all while sitting on the hands and trying the same failed tactics they have used for nearly 4 decades...Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the clinical definition of insanity. Yet here we are...

I cant say i know of any 2a sanctuary being used tried in court as of yet . I will say HB 1261 was withdrawn today and I'd like to think that's because of letters emails testimonies . Don't like you, don't know you to not like you what i don't like is being kicked in the balls for doing something other then nothing .

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Funny all that talk and I see your a life time member of a org. that not only supports 2a sanctuary but even helped VA with the process.I see no problem with 2a sanctuary even if it only helps with lighting a fire under asses and make people stand up for their rights

Amen.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Did you happen to see the pre-filed bill for the 2021 session on the VCDL page today? Basically it says any law enforcement who does not enforce these new gun control laws will be arrested and charged. THAT is why 2A sanctuaries will never actually work. It's just more smoke and mirrors. AND it does nothing to stop the liberals from passing infringement nor does it do anything to repeal infringement. You can have all the "state of mind" and PSYOP you'd like...NONE of that is going to dissuade the democrats (and apparently some Republicans) from passing gun control.

If gun owners keep using these same do nothing tactics we WILL have to fight...and those who actually DO fight won't forget those who refused.

A pre filed bill is as useless as you say the 2A Sanctuary County is. What are you doing to keep your rights? All I see is a bunch of bitching and sniping online at folks who are in the fight.

Nut up or shut up.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    2A and Constitution is clearly written. I have no problem putting the squeeze on people who take an oath to uphold the Constitution but find it hard to do. If a county goes sanctuary the Sheriff needs to abide by that, just like they should’ve, by default, been abiding by the constitution they took an oath to uphold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Attachments

• B4CF40DB-DA63-46A0-A127-5A7FF60ED49A.jpg
      B4CF40DB-DA63-46A0-A127-5A7FF60ED49A.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 166

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    This is great news Maryland! Keep it up, surround the liberal playgrounds and push back on these Democrat gunphobics. Rattle the politicians cages and let them know the citizens are watching, and will vote. fred55

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom