• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm going to get a handful of N95s from Home Depot, and get some more water jugs and long term storable food. But so far this isn't world war z...

Need to get a decent supply of staples you normally go to the grocery store weekly for. Thinking of some of the long life milk that you can keep in the pantry, TP and Kleenex and don’t forget the hand sanitizer. Wonder how Costco is doing?

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I "think" prescription refill duration is limited by insurance. That's what the Pharmacy told me on a past occasion.

Insurance won't pay for more than 90 days, at least for me. If you're on generics, you can pay out of pocket for more than 90 days at reasonable cost.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I "think" prescription refill duration is limited by insurance. That's what the Pharmacy told me on a past occasion.

I'm pretty sure you get a larger bottle (90 day) if you switch to prescriptions by mail. The insurance copmpany limits the local pharmacy to a 30 day supply to encourage you to switch to mail delivery.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I was in Walmart about an hour ago. There were no bags of dried beans over 1lb, and the ones left were basically the lentils, green peas, and small red beans. No black beans, kidney, pinto, great northern, etc. All the bags of rice were gone. Most of the canned beans and vegetables were gone except for stuff like collard greens. The pasta was almost all gone. No hand sanitizer anywhere, not even in the travel sized aisle. I didn't see any antibacterial liquid soap and all the Dial Gold bars were gone. People had three and four bulk packs of TP in their carts and the TP shelves were mostly bare. No masks in hardware and only one pack of nitrile gloves left. People were walking around the store wearing masks, a lot of people.

brucaru

Sep 14, 2011
    The worst part of the Chinese Coronavirus is once you survive it , you feel like you’ll need to catch it again 20 minutes later

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    A. No need for panic in the normal, healthy folks with functioning immune systems
    2. Prepare for, treat this flu like any other flu/viral infection; wash hands regularly and use alcohol-based sanitizers, remember no fever/no flu, treat symptoms, stay hydrated, stay home if sick, keep hands away from face, cover mouth when coughing. Masks don't help the majority of people because they don't wear them properly according to many epidemiologists.
    --Don't panic or go apeshit crazy

https://news.yahoo.com/harvard-scientist-predicts-coronavirus-infect-195800282.html

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I've been preparing for quarantine by stockpiling tissues, Golden Girls DVDs, and hand lotion.

To my knowledge there are no scientific studies that have proven that jerking off into a Kleenex while watching Golden Girls protects against against the virus.

I’ll let one of the real Doc’s weigh in.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    To my knowledge there are no scientific studies that have proven that jerking off into a Kleenex while watching Golden Girls protects against against the virus.

I’ll let one of the real Doc’s weigh in.

This is just the kind of antiviral treatment that big pharma doesn't want you to know about. The medical industry conspiracy lives on.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    I am most concerned about supply chain interruption and financial market fvckery than the illness itself. If you're very old or very young there are certainly legitimate concerns, which may now be added to an already long list of other equal or greater concerns.

I have personal concerns over over the availability of MOSH approved respirators so that my crews can continue to work and be in compliance with the (relatively) new silica standard. That, and all the other cheap material and components we build with. I can wait to see the lead times for mechanical and electrical equipment for school projects this summer.

My dad is in the construction industry and is concerned about the same thing with lumber, copper, etc, and I'm sure that almost every other industry will too. This already is going to have a massive effect on our as well as the world economy, and will only get worse if not stopped.

The dems couldn't kill the economy on their own... Chinese collusion....?!?!?

good luck. I was in Home Depot today and they didnt have a single respirator or mask anywhere on their shelves. Not a single one.

Immediately after posting that I checked their site. Yeah.... In hindsight, companies and stores probably maintain just enough to stock shelves for regular use. My guess is China and our gov are buying them straight off the factory floor, so between that and increased demand locally...

Guess I'll just have to buy more ammo...

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Just think this is the least of our worries , Bernie gets elected we will wish for the sweet release that death brings

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    good luck. I was in Home Depot today and they didnt have a single respirator or mask anywhere on their shelves. Not a single one.

I heard that a container ship loaded with masks made in China was ordered to turn around and bring those masks back to China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom