• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Attended a Commissioners Meeting this evening at Garrett College. My first local government meeting of any type.

There was public comment on whether Garrett County should form a resolution to declare as a sanctuary county. As stated it would be a symbolic gesture with no force of law. But to us as citizens, it feels like a way to make our voices known to put down state betters that We Will Not Comply.

I must say, when the public comment period began, I was a bit shocked at the amount of refugee liberals that this meeting drew. Definitely not a representative demographic of the rest of the county.

Truthfully some of the comments from the crowd, had me looking for red shirts. Talk of suicide prevention and false fear of the police coming to take people’s guns. And also a voiced concern about the impact the perception of being a sanctuary county could have on tourism to the county.

Basically a bunch of retired scared nanny staters who really have no idea what true garrett county residents believe in.

Spoke with a commissioner after the meeting, whom I have a very good relationship with. He said that this meeting location always brings out to most vocal liberal folks. While they might be the noisiest, he said he has received hundreds of emails and phone calls in support of the resolution to form the Sanctuary County.

I look forward to trolling these Libs at future meetings, just to see if I can trigger them. They really are a nutty bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Update. Had a nice followup conversation at the gym this morning with one of our commissioners. I told him I would gladly MC a gun rights open forum meeting to try and educate my garrett county brothers and sisters.

There's a ton of liberals that own homes on and around Deep Creek Lake. Some of them live up there full time some of them are just vacation homes. I noticed that last summer when I was up there fishing and saw a buttload of left-wing campaign stickers on cars. Something I didn't expect

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    There's a ton of liberals that own homes on and around Deep Creek Lake. Some of them live up there full time some of them are just vacation homes. I noticed that last summer when I was up there fishing and saw a buttload of left-wing campaign stickers on cars. Something I didn't expect

Commish said they are the loudest by far, but are in the vast minority as far as comments on 2A sanctuary.

I mentioned to him that I am happy to be more vocal in the future to balance and call out their stupidity

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Ok Western Md friends. Save the date 3/26 @ 6 pm at Garrett College. I will be hosting a town hall style panel with some very Patriotic Marylanders.

I’m waiting on confirmation of a room # and once I do, I will be putting it out on the book of faces through my wife’s page. I hope all Garrett and Allegany County Patriots can attend.

There will be discuss of the 2A sanctuary movement as well as the current status of all relevant bills that are in the MGA. Plus this will be an opportunity to start bringing together a group of like minded Patriots.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Ok Western Md friends. Save the date 3/26 @ 6 pm at Garrett College. I will be hosting a town hall style panel with some very Patriotic Marylanders.

I’m waiting on confirmation of a room # and once I do, I will be putting it out on the book of faces through my wife’s page. I hope all Garrett and Allegany County Patriots can attend.

There will be discuss of the 2A sanctuary movement as well as the current status of all relevant bills that are in the MGA. Plus this will be an opportunity to start bringing together a group of like minded Patriots.

So you went from never even being to one before to running the show in a few days. Good job Jefflac!!! And Thank You. You will have our support. Even if it is from 100 miles away.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    You have my support as well. Let me know how I can help?

Any help with posting it on the book of faces would be awesome. The antis are coming out of the woodwork in a panic to oppose this. Send me a pm and if you are on Facebook I’ll get you my wife’s page so you can share.

The antis are very funny. They act like tourists don’t know almost all residents have firearms. That a sanctuary proclamation for supporting the 2nd Amendment will scare away the tourists. Truly idiots

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    You’re right; it’d be funny if it weren’t so sad - we had some NY transplant antis try to have two new ( 1. “No Discharge of Firearms” and either 2. a) “No Hunting” or b) “No Firearms Hunting”) rules added to our rural lake subdivision’s CCR’s.

(No one really shoots on their own property as it is; and, you rarely if ever see let alone hear any evidence of anyone hunting. We’ve since learned one of these NY’ers is a flaming activist hellbent on taking BloomTurds “EveryTown” agenda everywhere she can.)

I pulled $300 and a couple days out of my pocket, wrote, had Staples print and mailed 250 letters to lot owners across the US (out of 320 heavily mature-growth forested homesites surrounding the lake less than 80 have houses on them at present).

The best part was the Annual HOA meeting (near impossible to find lakefront property without an HOA) usually attended by a dozen to 15 people had over 75 lot owners show up (1 couple drove from Ohio!) and SHUT THE ANTI’s DOWN!!!!

But, my gut tells me they will be back ....

The worst part was sitting down with 2 neighbors (college educated originally from Chicago but, lived decades in TX before NC) trying to sway them away from supporting the antis. Finally, at one point, they without any warning gushed, “WE FOUND SHOTGUN SHELLS!”

Caught off guard I was like “WTF?” “Yeah, yeah!” they continued, “we were out walking one morning and we found shotgun shells BY THE SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!”

I was like, “I’m confused, we live in an area crawling with turkeys - it is likely the shells fell out of the pocket or pouch of someone getting into or out of their vehicle before or after being in their blind ...”

Their wide-eyed and panicked response told me just how far these two were from reality, “Bbbbbbbut, a kid could’ve found them!”

Keep up the good fight - chances are you may have better success opening some LibTards’ hearts and minds than I did ... (fingers crossed)

Update / edit: actually, looking back on it, the worst part of it has been the way those unnecessary and asinine covenant proposals have since and effectively divided our once bucolic neighborhood. Now, neighbors are no longer talking to neighbors, etc. And there still is no shooting and any hunters are never seen, much less heard ... BloomTurd’s “Everytown” legacy rolls on

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Jeff--

Just remember what I told you about multiple focuses of attention up front, and the importance of your floor team.

Last edited:

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Jeff, the commissioner web site says they are taking comments until the 20th. So will they be here for this meeting?

How many libs are you expecting to show up and cry the blues?

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Jeff, the commissioner web site says they are taking comments until the 20th. So will they be here for this meeting?

How many libs are you expecting to show up and cry the blues?

The commissioners meeting is 3-17 and I expect a huge 2A crowd at the meeting from all indications with the Facebook groups im a part of.

The 3/20 meeting is for us a 2A supporters to get together and start working together as a community to make pure voices heard.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Jeff--

Just remember what I told you about multiple focuses of attention up front, and the importance of your floor team.

Thank you sir! I’ve got some folks already lined up. Not sure how many will show up at this first meeting. Hoping the spark is lit. From all indications the natives are restless. It’s whether we can get them to move to action. As always is the challenge.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Commish said they are the loudest by far, but are in the vast minority as far as comments on 2A sanctuary.

I mentioned to him that I am happy to be more vocal in the future to balance and call out their stupidity

So is it apathy you will be dealing with from the conservative community or is the message not getting out to them?

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Thank you Jefflac for providing this flyer and also for posting it in the MDS: ”Maryland 2A Sanctuary County Organizing” thread:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=242933

Everyone should know that the Red Mommy Fascist Brigades are frantic about suffocating this 2A Sanctuary movement before it spreads further in Maryland.

By circulating these MaleMommy-signed flyers the actual Red Mommies admit - - as Chicken Littles and screaming meemies - - that they have lost all factual credibility in their argument that law-abiding Maryland gun owners shouldn’t be allowed to own and use their firearms.

So now they have resorted to trotting out their cuck MaleMommy Fudds to argue for them against 2A Sanctuary Counties.

But there’s a disgraceful truth that these Red Mommies won’t ever publicly admit:

In true leftist fashion, these Red Mommy Fascists have been anonymously conducting vicious social media attacks, consisting of online threats to businesses and defamatory claims in online business reviews, attempting to intimidate the restauranteurs who have hosted these 2A Sanctuary County meetings.

It’s a dirty war they will win if we don’t stand up to their threats and press forward, and choose to patronize these businesses whenever possible to support them.

Attachments

• A88F2F34-DDD8-4C49-A5EC-EF41BB59B10C.jpeg
      A88F2F34-DDD8-4C49-A5EC-EF41BB59B10C.jpeg
      133.5 KB · Views: 200
    Last edited:

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    97de50d348be00c4a362980004360cfb.jpg

Interesting turn of events. I caught someone’s attention and the author of this article wants to meet to discuss the 2A sanctuary and also 2A issues. I’m willing to meet for the sake of open dialogue. As hillbilly grandpa said, you never know who your allies might be. Once I’m back from vacation I’m going to sit down w this gentleman. It will be an interesting conversation for sure.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    Interesting turn of events. I caught someone’s attention and the author of this article wants to meet to discuss the 2A sanctuary and also 2A issues. I’m willing to meet for the sake of open dialogue. As hillbilly grandpa said, you never know who your allies might be. Once I’m back from vacation I’m going to sit down w this gentleman. It will be an interesting conversation for sure.

https://twitter.com/MarkStutzman/status/626547241315119104

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom