• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Hi -

Cut to the chase:
    I am looking for suggestions for the best places to look for a Ruger MKII with a bull barrel, preferably from an MDS Industry Partner.

Back Story:
    I have taken my 12 year old son out to the range to shoot my AR and my S&W 40 a few times. He loves it and even prefers the pistol. :party29:

I know we are going to want to go out and shoot a lot this summer, but ammo for the S&W is going to end up costing a fortune. I have convinced my wife that I need a new 22lr pistol for him to shoot because the ammo is so much cheaper. :innocent0

We hit the gun shack in Mt Airy to look at their 22 pistols. He handled the Walther p22, a browning, and a used Ruger MkII (stainless, bull barrel). He liked the Ruger best. Unfortunately, I was too stupid to buy it then and there. I waited a couple of hours to think about it and when I went back, it was gone. :sad20:

Any suggestions for a good place to look for a used Ruger MKII Bull Barrel, or something similar?

Thanks!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    unfortunately they are out of production. new version is the mkIII. more safety features. I have mkIIs and prefer them but they are only available used.

Your son has excellent taste. The stainless bull barrel mkII is my favorite of the examples I own.

I'd suggest putting this in the Wanted To Buy forum or perhaps check with some industry partners by phone or email on a weekly basis to see what used inventory comes in. With gas almost four bucks a gallon, its pricey to cruise shops every weekend these days. Another option is to check out gun shows (your son will probably enjoy the outing) for the specific weapon you want. You are also more likely to see large quantities of ammunition there.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    With the Ruger MKIII There are several options you need to be aware of. The basic bull barrel is their "MKIII Target" and they also have a model MKIII 22/45, which has a polymer frame (makes it cheaper/ lighter), but the grips are not interchangable w/o modification. Also the black will tend to be cheaper than the Stainless. I perfer a solid metal frame - so I will be Picking up my MKIII from 2A Sales in a couple days. I got mine used there, but Mark had several new ones on display.(I dont know about used)

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Oh I also forgot to mention the 22/45 but they also offer a replaceable panels model now for which the grips can be easily changed.

I have a 22/45 and I love shooting it. Very wise choice.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i saw a blued one at Barts but i cant remember the price.
    Barts Sports World
    6814 Ritchie Highway
    Glen Burnie, MD 21061-2391
    (410) 761-8686

WRL

Apr 13, 2011
    Gun Runners

I was in Gun Runners in Frederick tonight. I saw a Mk II, target model with wooden handgrips for sale. I think the price was about $380. Gun Runners is only open in evenings and I think Saturdays. Rob is a good guy to deal with.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I was in Gun Runners in Frederick tonight. I saw a Mk II, target model with wooden handgrips for sale. I think the price was about $380. Gun Runners is only open in evenings and I think Saturdays. Rob is a good guy to deal with.

Thanks for the info.

I am quite spoiled living in Mt Airy with two gun shops in town.

I plan to "venture out" this weekend and hit some gun stores in Frederick and Westminster to see what the stores are like and what they've got. I plan to hit Gun Runners while in Frederick, so I'll check out the MkII.

Rob.

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    Thanks for the info.

I am quite spoiled living in Mt Airy with two gun shops in town.

I plan to "venture out" this weekend and hit some gun stores in Frederick and Westminster to see what the stores are like and what they've got. I plan to hit Gun Runners while in Frederick, so I'll check out the MkII.

Rob.

Are there gun stores in Westminster that I don't know about!?! I live in Westminster, but I'm relatively new to the area. Please tell me you know something I don't!

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Are there gun stores in Westminster that I don't know about!?! I live in Westminster, but I'm relatively new to the area. Please tell me you know something I don't!

Actually, I just assumed there would be some in Westminster. After searching on-line, I didn't find much.

There is always Shooters Discount in Mt Airy. Lou is great, just make sure you call first.

I did hit Gunrunners, the Gun Center, and Glade Valley Sporting Goods all in Frederick. I was specifically looking for a Ruger MkII and had my family in tow, so I didn't spend as much time in each as I wanted too. I will probably be heading back to each eventually.

Gun Runners had a MkII, but it was a special edition and way out of the range of my budget.

Still looking for a MkII though ... :sad20:
    Rob

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    2a Sales had some Ruger MKIII's in the case, quite often. They are in Jessup, only about 1/2 hr south of you. Great prices and great people to deal with.

MH

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Last time i was in HNP muzzle loading he had a few . I will stop in there tomorrow and see if he still has any and send you a pm . He is in essex if thats not too far of a drive .

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Bob at Gun Runners will take care of you. If he doesn't have it... he can get it.
    Bob is my number 1 go to. Great price ... Great guy... honest and down to earth.

Glade Valley can be good in Frederick... may be worth a stop. Althought... he does not do to much in rimfire stuff. He is mostly Class 3 and mil surplus. Ask for Richard and work with him.

The Gun Center will have what you are looking for at an extremely high price. Not worth the price and they have been rude to some of my friends. I will not go in there.

Just my two cents.

Chris

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    WooHoo!!

Success! Just picked up a ruger mkII blued target model pistol with 5.5" bull barrel on gunsamerica.com for $275 + shipping!

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom