• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I was going to suggest talking to Bob at THE GUN SHOP. Quite often the prices there are competitive with the on-line prices when you take into account all the fees.

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    My 2009 Ruger Mark III has an internal lock that locks the safety in the 'S' position. No additional lock was necessary when I transferred it into Maryland.

When requested, Ruger customer service provided me replacement keys (handle on a small allen wrench with a hole in the end).

RugerMarkIIIinternallock.jpg

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    We are in Baltimore County not far from Harford County. Our transfer is $30 plus the $10 to the state. Our locks are $18.95. That is just a little over what we pay for them to cover the shipping. We can do the fired casing if it is needed. That fee is $35 but most Rugers come with the casing. I have not seen the locks built into the the Blackhawks yet so I would lean towards buying one of them.

Our price on a super blackhawk in 7.5 bbl is $531.95. We have pretty good prices. Please compare our price to your internet price with fees added before you order. We may very well be cheaper. The only thing added to our gun price would be the lock, app fee and tax.

We would love to have you as a customer either way you decide to go. Check some of my customer comments under industry partners. We aren't in business to rip off our customers. We value them to much.

This is why I bought my last gun from The Gun Shop, and you can bet my next purchase will include a stop there. Straight talk and no BS, and great prices to boot.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Unfortunately, the Super Blackhawk models do NOT have an integral locking device. The aluminum framed Blackhawks do. The steel framed Anniversary Flattop Blackhawks do. The New Vaqueros do. The Supers and the Bisley models do NOT. I am very familiar with all Ruger's single actions and am 100% certain the above is true. Sorry.

44 mag VisuaLocks and Omega locks are easy to find and can be found for $20 new; used examples for less. May even be a forum member here who could "loan" you one. I would if I had one.

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    Don't forget Estate Brokers in Havre de Grace...they do internet transfers and have very reasonable rates. I have always been happy with their help.
    Estate Brokers
    137 N Washington St.
    Havre de Grace, MD 21078
    443-617-8400

:thumbsup:

luckytrouble

May 23, 2011
    Thanks for everyone's help and advice. Unfortunately BISLEYFAN44 is correct, the Super Blackhawks do not have the lock. I did the transfer thru "The Gun Shop" and they took off the grips to show me. Based on my experience with the Gun Shop, I will continue to go back there--great guys, excellent customer service and a pretty good selection.

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    Another thing to consider is the fired casing.

MD requires that a fired casing be sent to the MSP by the FFL.

Some manufacturers (e.g. S&W) have one with the gun. I don't know about Ruger.

If not with the gun, you will have to pay the FFL to get the gun fired so the casing can be sent to MSP. :sad20:

luckytrouble

May 23, 2011
    Thankfully the casing was with the pistol, and I am pretty sure all Rugers come with it--at least this one did and the Single Six I bought many years ago.

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    That's good to know. I'm planning on getting 2 Rugers in the next month or so.

A Single Six Convertible and a 22/45 semi.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Anyone know where I can pick up a safety device? Here is a good link to the approved devices. I have a S&W M&P 40 I am trying to get out of hock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom