• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T1reiron

Jul 18, 2011
    Hello my fellow shooters. today I was driving around and stumbled upon an open field that would be prefect for a bit of plinking. I looked up the zoning on the baltimore county website and it is zoned as "RC", but the land is owned by the Maryland Dept of Natural Resources. So will i run in to any trouble if I decide to go shooting there? Thanks in advance

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Yes

Yes

Yes

Join a club that has a range.
    If you do what your stated in you opening thread you are give all of us gun owners a black eye.

Last edited:

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    good chance fish is right, but as they say, it all comes down to "location, location, location..."

how big is the lot? who/what are the neighbors? how close are they? what is the terrain like? i.e., natural berms/hills for backstops?

you start racking up the right answers to those questions, combined with appropriate approvals, you could be on to something.

MD, however, being MD, odds are long...

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I'll save you some time

Weapons are prohibited on state land unless you are actively engaged in hunting in a designated hunting zones with the right permits.

These signs are all posted over state owned land. (parks, conservation land, water sheds, buffer zones)

Go to a range were you can shoot legally.
    If you can't afford the range fees, can you afford all the fines, court cost, loss of your fire arms, and loose your right to own a firearm?

Go to an DNR gun range
    Go to Hap Backer
    Join a club of the AGC
    Join one of the other fine clubs in Maryland

With in an hour of Baltimore there are a dozen legal places to shoot. Why would you want to shoot somewhere that you do not have permission that will cause both you and our community problem's?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Don't worry about the court costs and all, they'll probably just shoot you and say it was self defense. "The gun nut lunatic starting screaming about the second amendment... he rushed us... black evil rifle... what were we supposed to do...?"

Yeah because that happens all the time.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Don't worry about the court costs and all, they'll probably just shoot you and say it was self defense. "The gun nut lunatic starting screaming about the second amendment... he rushed us... black evil rifle... what were we supposed to do...?"
    Sounds about right, except you forgot about the new law they'll pass to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    .22 RF only on the 100 yard range, of silhouette on the 200 yard range. If my memory is correct.

Good luck

Jerry

Very close. add .17hmr, .17match, .22mag, and Black powder with lead bullet & less then 70 grains of powder at 100 yrds only.

Air rifles have another set of rules that I do not know off the top of my head but I think it's 25yrds and out.

For those that are good hand gun shooters they have a metallic silhouette shoots at 50m, 100m, 150m, & 200m.

Please note that to shoot at the AGC you need to Join an associated club first.

Damifinow Fish

Uppercase

Jun 11, 2011
    Can you say bring a dueling tree to ACG? And if so whats the minimum distance for it to be placed at? Going to join in the next month or so and that seems like a possible investment if so...
    (That would be of course a rimfire dueling tree)

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Read AGC range rule # 11

This rule pertains to steel targets on the 100 yrd range.

All steel must be set at 100 yards.

The AGC range rules are posted on there web sit.

Yes dueling trees are OK if it meets the guide lines.

Everybody who shoots at the AGC needs to reed the rules at the beginning of the year. The rules change from year to year. Efforts are being made to make this range more shooter friendly but if people do not want to follow the rules then it is impossible to bring new types of shooting to this range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom