• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R

rouge_matt

hello im new ot this site but have lived in this state all my life, i now live in pg county md, and want to apply for a ccw, whats the process where do i start? i have no idea what i need or how to get it. please help all info welcome

i dont own my own business, not a politician, just a blue collar hvac tech that might take over the family business. thanks for all your help guys.

also anyone know what happend to the show probable cause they were talking about at the general assembly

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    Sorry but it sounds like you're SOL and have essentially zero chance of getting a carry permit. In a couple years the Supreme Court will likely smack down MD and make them issue us permits though.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Welcome to Maryland Shooters! There are several threads already discussing the how-to's on getting a carry permit in Maryland. Unfortunately, after reading them you'll be pretty disappointed. You can go HERE for an application from the MSP that will explain how to apply or HERE for another site that tries to explain Maryland's laws.

Bottom line; unless you meet the requirements outlined here:

(a) [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Owner or Employee of a Business: Submit photocopies of the Traders License or Business License, and if the purpose of the permit is for: [/FONT]
    [/FONT](i) [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Making deposits[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]: Photocopies of six (6) random deposit slips for the business showing the deposits within a year of the application submission date or a letter from the bank attesting that your business has a monetary [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]flow. [/FONT]
    [/FONT](ii) [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Cash Flow[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]: Photocopies of Ten (10) receipts showing purchases for supplies and/or payments received for services. [/FONT]
    [/FONT](iii) [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Requesting a permit for one of your employees, or if you are an employee and you have permission from your employer to obtain a permit[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]: A letter from your employer on the business stationery, explaining in detail why you need to carry a gun as part of your duties. [/FONT]
    [/FONT](b) [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Professional Activities: Doctors, Pharmacies, etc., Must show evidence of legitimacy of business activity and valid certification or license. [/FONT]
    [/FONT](c) [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Correctional Officers: Must submit verification of employment and documentation of threats and assaults. [/FONT]
    [/FONT](d) [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Former Police Officer: If you have resigned or retired, you must show evidence of your tenure in law enforcement, such as a letter from your Agency. [/FONT]
    [/FONT](e) [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Private Detective/Security Guard/Special Police & Railroad Police Commissions: All applicants who are employed as Private Detectives, Security Guards, Special Police, and Railroad Police, must submit a certification of qualification with a handgun from a Maryland State Police Certified Handgun Instructor on an MSP form. A copy of the form letter supporting "good and substantial reasons," ownership of weapon, and location where the weapon will be maintained, is also required. (This form can be obtained from your employer). [/FONT]
    [/FONT](f) [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Personal Protection: There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]you have very little chance of getting a permit in this state for the time being until the law changes.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Yeah. Go ahead and move to any state BORDERING MD and you should have no trouble ccw'ing.

I know that's neither helpful nor positive.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom