• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    That is a good attitude, sorry if I sounded harsh earlier but it reminds me of the saying.

You can pick 2 out of the 3:
    1)good
    2)fast
    3)cheap

They told me the night.before they opened at 4:45 am - I didn't force them to open or to provide the public a rebate. My gripe on the.call is.they.would have pushed the.call and my sale beyond the.rebate time of 2:00 had I not insisted. They were there in front of me making calls for current buyers while my 5:00 am purchase sat.

I get that big box stores don't supply great service, but there has to be some minmal level of service beyond opening tthe door and taking my money, especially knowing that should I make a mistake on the rebate forms, they will gladly deny the rebate.

Guess I was too excited about the price to remember I had to watch my back. That's on me.

Good reminder about managers and also about not being too hard on the hourly folks, which I definitely was not as I have worked a register too.

CHEERS!

usmcdad

May 15, 2010
    How much did you pay out-the-door for the shotgun? What kind of finish did it have?

$609 with tax, less rebates of $75 and $100 settles at $435. A tad more than $400 + tax.

It was synthetic stock and black all around. Just what I wanted. Wood stock was available.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    $609 with tax, less rebates of $75 and $100 settles at $435. A tad more than $400 + tax.

It was synthetic stock and black all around. Just what I wanted. Wood stock was available.

Wow, that sure is a deal.

I hope you get the rebate stuff straightened out. :thumbsup:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    i frankly dont get the rebates crap. if they going to give rebates.. why not just take the price off on the item right there! saves them inputting the information and writing checks etc etc etc.

mlance238

Mar 30, 2011
    i frankly dont get the rebates crap. if they going to give rebates.. why not just take the price off on the item right there! saves them inputting the information and writing checks etc etc etc.

It's a marketing ploy. The rebate gets your attention, in the door, and you buy the product... from there, if you don't mail-in your rebate, then they retain a fatter bottom line.

If you do mail it in, then perhaps the rebate was just enough to get you to buy the product in the first place and Dick's will still gladly accept the narrower profit margin on your purchase.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    It's a marketing ploy. The rebate gets your attention, in the door, and you buy the product... from there, if you don't mail-in your rebate, then they retain a fatter bottom line.

If you do mail it in, then perhaps the rebate was just enough to get you to buy the product in the first place and Dick's will still gladly accept the narrower profit margin on your purchase.

so does a regular sale ad.. minus the hastle of filling out rebate forms. ;)

usmcdad

May 15, 2010
    That is a good attitude, sorry if I sounded harsh earlier but it reminds me of the saying.

You can pick 2 out of the 3:
    1)good
    2)fast
    3)cheap

Forget about it. I should focus more on the great deal and quit my bitchin'.

I got this deal because someone posted the notice about a sale Dicks was having on a safe, and it also advertised the remington sale. That is the kind of thing the depot forum should be about. That post was a great help to me as I and my 11 year old are trying to get into the shooting sports and I now have a tool to make it work. Very cool.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Forget about it. I should focus more on the great deal and quit my bitchin'.

:thumbsup:

Doesn't sound so much like a fiasco when you think about it now.......:D maybe a hassle, but it WAS Black Friday....
    Don't worry- be happy!

FYI- everyone I know that took advantage of the recent Marlin (Remington) rebates got theirs.... Mine from a 795 I bought at Doc's in HdG took about 5-6 weeks..... Take that check and buy some "Buy one- get the 2nd half price" ammo at Dick's when it comes!!!!:thumbsup:

mlance238

Mar 30, 2011
    so does a regular sale ad.. minus the hastle of filling out rebate forms. ;)

I hear ya... but take the retailer's perspective on dollars and cents: a rebate is a sale price that's potentially booked at retail price if the buyer doesn't send back the paperwork.

Same effect as a sale ad, but more dough in your pocket! :D

...IIRC, the stats on rebates are a little surprising. Fewer people actually mail in the paperwork than you'd imagine, often cause it's a hassle and a very long process.

Sirex