• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • agrin2005

Sep 4, 2010
    Ok so I am looking at getting into the NAF game. I am building my 1st M4. Looking to go with a BC (socom) 14.5 barrel. I was thinking on getting and pining a surefire quick release flashhider a FH556-215S. I figure that the added 2.74 inches will give the over 16 in that keeps me from spending another 200 on the SBR.
    Then I am thinking about getting a FA556-212 suppressor. Does anyone have anytime with any of these?

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Very expensive. You'll find reviews on other affordable manufactures that performs almost the same. Lots of good companies but if you have the dough, go for it.

agrin2005

Sep 4, 2010
    I like the idea that you add the flash hider and it is also the adapter for the suppressor..

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You might want to get with Surefire to see if they allow the pinning of the muzzle device and keep the warranty. Manufacturers usually void warranties for modding the suppressor mounts. Pinning it IS considered modding the mount.

If you have the money Surefire is one of the best if you want to just suppress popular 5.56 or 7.62 platforms.

BUT, If you have multiple firearms and want to use ONE SINGLE suppressor on multiples then surefire IS NOT for you because they dont have as many mounting options for different platforms. A YHM 7.62 Suppressor is heavier but I can mount ONE Silencer with the appropriate threading and Muzzle Device ($75.00 each) to the following guns:

AK47's
    AK74's
    RPK's
    AR15's
    SKS's
    PSL's
    Saiga .308's
    Daewoos
    XCR's
    SCAR's
    Mini14's
    Mini30's
    AUG's/MSAR
    ACR's
    SIG 55X's
    FNAR's
    FAL's
    G36's
    HK91's
    HK93's
    M1A's
    Valmet's
    AR180's
    AR10's
    FNC's
    Galil's
    Remington 700's
    Winchester Model 70'sFN Bolt's
    Savage Model 10's

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Ok so I am looking at getting into the NAF game. I am building my 1st M4. Looking to go with a BC (socom) 14.5 barrel. I was thinking on getting and pining a surefire quick release flashhider a FH556-215S. I figure that the added 2.74 inches will give the over 16 in that keeps me from spending another 200 on the SBR.
    Then I am thinking about getting a FA556-212 suppressor. Does anyone have anytime with any of these?

Before you take the leap into NFA for your first can, what are you expecting out of a 5.56 can? Hollywood quiet? Loud pellet gun quiet? Not going to happen. A very good 5.56 can will get you down to the level of an unsuppressed .22 short.
    On your choice of cans, Surefire is VERY expensive for a 5.56 can. You can get better performance out of an AAC M4-2000 for about $400 less. Also consider the YHM Phantom for even less.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    The YHM 7.62 SS Phantom is a badass (and heavy) can. Garrett at Engage has one on his SBR and it is pretty quiet. Definitely a sturdy feeling suppressor.

I myself am thinking about going with the AAC 7.62SDN6 and using it for both 7.62 and 5.56. They don't weigh that much more than the AAC M4-2000, but allow you to use one can for a few rifles.

Surefire makes good cans, though. Consider going up to a 7.62 suppressor as Chad suggests.

agrin2005

Sep 4, 2010
    Before you take the leap into NFA for your first can, what are you expecting out of a 5.56 can? Hollywood quiet? Loud pellet gun quiet? Not going to happen. A very good 5.56 can will get you down to the level of an unsuppressed .22 short.
    On your choice of cans, Surefire is VERY expensive for a 5.56 can. You can get better performance out of an AAC M4-2000 for about $400 less. Also consider the YHM Phantom for even less.

I do have realistic idea of what a good sound suppressor can do. It is a great point that you bring up. I want to do this right once. I have heard man people getting pissed off because they bought the wrong one and wished they had gotten a better one. I know that surefire makes stuff. it took me some time to get the M4 built. again I do not want to do this twice. I have a mini that I spoke to a smith about mounting a a surefire flash hider. That would cover my 5.56 kids. I have heard that the AACM4-2000 tend to be kind loose and I do not think they have the combo of flash hider / mount. I could be wrong.

Just my thoughts .. That is why I posted here to see what people thought.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I have heard that the AACM4-2000 tend to be kind loose and I do not think they have the combo of flash hider / mount. I could be wrong.

AAC makes a few nice flash hider/suppressor mount combo's. I have at least 2 different configurations. The M4-2000 uses a 51 tooth ratchet mount which snugs up nice and tight. I have never had a problem with it getting loose, or removing the can after use.

agrin2005

Sep 4, 2010
    AAC makes a few nice flash hider/suppressor mount combo's. I have at least 2 different configurations. The M4-2000 uses a 51 tooth ratchet mount which snugs up nice and tight. I have never had a problem with it getting loose, or removing the can after use.

Thanks man I will check it out...

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Come on in bro, we have the FA556-212 in stock. We have been running one on our LWRC now for at least 2 years and its seen thousands of rounds almost exclusively in full auto. Its been a great can. They're very high quality, but expensive and as Chad pointed out you're limited with mounting options.

agrin2005

Sep 4, 2010
    Come on in bro, we have the FA556-212 in stock. We have been running one on our LWRC now for at least 2 years and its seen thousands of rounds almost exclusively in full auto. Its been a great can. They're very high quality, but expensive and as Chad pointed out you're limited with mounting options.

I will come down and check it some time after the Holidays.. What is the price range that I keep hearing the word expensive. What am I looking at?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008

Is that the one that was mounted on the full auto LWRC at the silencer shoot? That was a pretty slick can.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Dude spend the extra $250 (by the time all is said and done) on the SBR. . .the weight leverage will be worth it. . . .especially when you go shorter than 14.5 . . .pinning the mount sounds doable, but it gives me the creeps regarding bore concentricity .. ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom