• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    donating...page is running slow. Hope that's a good sign :)

We are getting hit hard with donations. If it gets really bad try again in 20 minutes. :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Perhaps they (the state) will see the massive numbers of applications flowing in now and realize the $$$ flowing in with them. I know it's not the reason we want them to change, but if it has the desired effect then who cares.

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    So, the application seems a bit confusing with all the mentioning of corporate or private security applications. Am I correct that in applying as an individual, all I need to submit is pages 7, 10, 12 and 13?

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Got a couple of questions about the application.

1) For the character references, are they all required to be MD residents?

2) Number 24 on page 7 asks you to give full details off "prior denial, suspension, revocation, or termination of your handgun permit, license, certification, or registration in Maryland or any other state or jurisdiction." Would it be a benefit or hinderance to state that I have UT and VA non-resident permits?

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Just sent $200 to MSI and the paged worked for me. I haven't joined SAF yet but that is next on my to do list.
    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thank you all for what you do. I cannot convey how much I appreciate everyones time, financial contributions, and hard work towards a cause thats been a long fought one.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So, the application seems a bit confusing with all the mentioning of corporate or private security applications. Am I correct that in applying as an individual, all I need to submit is pages 7, 10, 12 and 13?

I'd strike through them with a solid line. It's not good idea to omit pages from an app or contract without acknowledging them as N/A.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Got a couple of questions about the application.

1) For the character references, are they all required to be MD residents?

2) Number 24 on page 7 asks you to give full details off "prior denial, suspension, revocation, or termination of your handgun permit, license, certification, or registration in Maryland or any other state or jurisdiction." Would it be a benefit or hinderance to state that I have UT and VA non-resident permits?

1)No
    2)They could care less about Utah. Include a color copy of them and your MD handgun safety course card. (just for the he'll of it)

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I don't believe in permits to exercise our basic constitutional rights, that being said I just donated to MSI and SAF.
    MSP sure doesn't need my money.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    So what do we put on application for reason..? Just leave it blank?

Or put "Constitutional Right"..?

I'll be filling out my paperwork tonight ;)

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    As for the application itself, when it asks for "Reason for handgun permit" (9a), please note "For Self Defense and All Lawful Purposes". You need not attach documented threats or police reports, but if you have them please do so. If someone from the state discourages you from applying or attempts to prevent your application from consideration, get their name and let us know immediately.

From the OP

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Just joined and added an xtra $50. Thanks for all the hard work and and Info. Off to the SAF site now.

and now I'm the newest member of SAF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom