• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gray Peterson

Aug 18, 2009
    Lynnwood, WA
    I have a quick question. I have a restricted permit (can only carry at work). Could I just send a letter over to the MSP now, asking them to amend my permit to unrestricted? Would it be less of a waste of time than trying to apply for a separate permit?

I think you file a subsequent app. Patrick & Krucam can correct me.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I think you file a subsequent app. Patrick & Krucam can correct me.

I believe the MSP FAQ indicates that you write a letter with your request and they will either approve it or deny it.

What happens with the currently active permits is a big question.

Chromantix

Jan 29, 2011
    I joined and donated $50 to the cause. I should have done so a while ago but didn't really think about it, etc, etc...

Thanks to MSI for all their help - hope I can help a little too. :)

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    I thought we did not want this...

Per his Facebook page.....

Michael Smigiel
    I need everyone to keep calling or have your friends and neighbors call and demand immediate compliance with the Federal Judge's ruling by implementing HB-45. Your calls are making a differance. Call your TV and radio stations and write your local newspapers. It is not too late to be a major part of the victory for the Constitutional right to carry in Maryland.

This. Can someone please explain? I thought that with the decision ruled yesterday, we no longer want it implemented?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I've refreshed the PayPal account every few minutes and I haven't yet seen less than two new donations. :thumbsup:

Just shot (pun intended) my donation over. I'm gonna have some 'splaining to do when the wife sees the online banking after today!! :D

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Been a member of MSI. I'll send a donation Saturday when my check clears. You know what's awesome? The announcement was made Monday March 5th. My birthday is March 5th. I'm 20. I'm hoping by next year I can purchase two handguns, send in my MD Designated Collector thing, my C&R, and file my CCW permit.

Did no one else notice that it's Maryland Shall ISSUSE now?
    Why the name change?

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    I thought we did not want this...

Per his Facebook page.....

Michael Smigiel
    I need everyone to keep calling or have your friends and neighbors call and demand immediate compliance with the Federal Judge's ruling by implementing HB-45. Your calls are making a differance. Call your TV and radio stations and write your local newspapers. It is not too late to be a major part of the victory for the Constitutional right to carry in Maryland.

This. Can someone please explain? I thought that with the decision ruled yesterday, we no longer want it implemented?

For anyone who was wondering this as well (from another thread):

Here's how I understand it.

Judge Legg ruled that the Good and Substantial clause is unconstitutional. Unconstitutional laws are unenforceable even if they remain on the book.

HB-45 seeks to say "You are presumed to have a good and substantial reason unless the MSP proves otherwise." Delegate Smigiel says the only things they can use are other items in the statue, but HB-45 doesn't say that, he does and the MSP have said it'll be business as usual.

Effectively HB-45 gives new life to a part of the law found unconstitutional. Why would we even dream of reviving G&S after Judge Legg so elegantly killed it?

HB-45 also moots Judge Legg's ruling because it changes the law he ruled on. It would require filing a new case; and wasting 10s of thousands of dollars to do the whole same song and dance over again.

So I have no idea why Smigiel posted that direction???? :smack:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom