• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    Worked the AR308 out today and it went without a hitch. I'm getting used to the stock and can get the same check-weld most every time and almost no recoil. No FTFs or any miss-fires. Scope is incredible. This is the best six round group I could get. Done with a cooled down gun with 200 rounds fired and not cleaned, 100yds.

repr100.jpg

I need more time on the weapon and it was a HOOT to fire! Love this thing.

CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    I'm not that great of a shot. Some of the people on here could have done better I think.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just get some range time with SCARCQB or crazy al, they'll get you shooting smiley faces at 100 yards in no time. ;)

Not bad for the first time out. :thumbsup:

Dec 6, 2011
    REPRs love 168 FGMM. The melonite process used on the barrel also treats the bore, leaving it rough and very hard. You may want to read up on that. JB Bore paste and Tubb Final Finish will smooth it out. Also, check the clearance on your gas assembly at the handguard. It should be free floating. REPRs are great rifles, but they can be made even better by a mechanically inclined owner.

CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    "Rapid Engagement Precision Rifle" or it might be the name of the scope mount. Since I built this one I just named it.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    REPRs love 168 FGMM. The melonite process used on the barrel also treats the bore, leaving it rough and very hard. You may want to read up on that. JB Bore paste and Tubb Final Finish will smooth it out. Also, check the clearance on your gas assembly at the handguard. It should be free floating. REPRs are great rifles, but they can be made even better by a mechanically inclined owner.

One would hope that a rifle which is priced over $1,000 MORE than a GAP-10, it wouldn't need to be "tweaked". It should already be pretty ****ing perfect for that price.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    agreed, when one is dropping $2k, $3k or whatever for a gun it really better be flawless.

i have lwrc m6a3 and it has been flawless, including a bunch of 2 and 3 gun events, no tweaking needed. sure the OP's repr will be similarly awesome.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    REPRs are damn near $4k now ($3700ish to start). Given GA Precision's notoriety, and the fact it's around 2600 or so, I personally just don't understand the price difference....especially when accuracy isn't on par. Meh. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom