• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I have never been to this show, how does it compare to Chantilly?

Normally it is smaller. Now under threat of the wufluenza Chantilly has been reduced from 1500 to 900 tables and the lines to get in there fill half the parking lot.

At 1000 tables this show should be slightly larger than the last 2 Chantilly shows.

No way to know for sure yet what the lines will be like, but it isn't on the edge of a major metropolitan area like Chantilly, and PA gun laws aren't going crazy like VA's are, so I'm betting the lines will not be anything like Chantilly.

Parking is plentiful all around the building, it's held on a Fairground.

The last two Gettysburg shows have gone well, crowds only on Saturday morning and masks were optional. Gettysburg, however, is held in a privately owned facility, and this is county owned, so mask rules may be in force. Or maybe not. :shrug:

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Typically a good show, circumstances will determine how this one goes. I would expect most any shows to have a limit on number of people in the building and possibly a requirement to wear a mask....

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Typically a good show, circumstances will determine how this one goes. I would expect most any shows to have a limit on number of people in the building and possibly a requirement to wear a mask....

Always been a great show in the past- this is a different time though. No vendors are going to have pre-COVID pricing. Guy I worked with today was telling me a family member went to a show recently and picked up a Beretta M9 in FDE for $1100 at a recent PA show, he looked like I shot his puppy when I told him what they are normally (pre-2020) worth. Of course that was after the blank stare I got from “FDE”, which when I followed up with “Flat Dark Earth” was an equally blank stare, finally I just said “Tan”. If people are willing to pay the prices this will be a great show.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I had a gaiter around my neck at the last Gettysburg show. A few vendors were wearing masks, so I pulled it up when I was talking to them. :shrug: Nobody seemed to get hurt.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Tons of people had masks on at the last 2 Gettysburg shows. I would say they were the majority.

During the August one I believe they were in the majority, but at the latest one in September I would have to disagree. At least during the time I was there most of the people I saw with masks on were those who would clearly have secondary concerns... people who were older or in wheelchairs.

I had one with me, and would have respected the wishes of any vendor who asked me to put it on when speaking with them (it was visible). None did.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick

Are you going to have tables at this one?

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I went to the Gettysburg show in Sept. I was there for four hours at opening. More people didn't wear masks. I had one with me but did not wear it. Regulations could change by the next show though. I'm gonna miss this show, heading up to the WV mountains for week of bow hunting. That's all right I'll hit my four stores heading west on RT. 50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom