• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yes actually the gun shop I used to work in in South Carolina had a hand cranked twin barrel 1022 that had alternating cams to pull the trigger as you turned the crank and these were the magazines they used. The barrels were mounted at 90 270°, so that the magazines fit parallel to the ground . I don't recall any particular issues with them but it was a long time ago. They've been around since the middle 1980s so I would imagine they're fairly reliable if they're still available for purchase

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Wow, now that's a unique-looking magazine. I have both BX-25s and basic 10-round rotary mags for mine. Both are very reliable.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Can't believe I found it...here's the original. Made by cwf or cnf for Mitchell Arms company. Does the new one have the handy dandy belt clip?

Attachments

• 20201021_162627.jpg
      20201021_162627.jpg
      75.3 KB · Views: 433
    • 20201021_162722.jpg
      20201021_162722.jpg
      86.8 KB · Views: 450

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    Not sure about the new ones. Reddings Auction has 5 of the Mitchells on auction Saturday. They look interesting so i posed the question. New ones don't show a winding crank so perhan improved version? I did see one of the old ones on Gunbroker for $150; seems way too high.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I may have to run a full mag through my 10/22 to see if it still works. Fifty rounds would be fun to shoot something other than paper targets.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Yeah the Mitchell Arms are collector pieces. To me a 50 rounder is a cosmetic fun thing. You sure can blow through some ammo and heat the barrel up.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Yeah the Mitchell Arms are collector pieces. To me a 50 rounder is a cosmetic fun thing. You sure can blow through some ammo and heat the barrel up.

Can't remember the last time I loaded the full amount in any magazine at the range. Most is usually ten rounds because I'm not trying to burn through ammo and I'm used to well aimed shots. Unless you're on your own range or somewhere that allows fast shooting its not worth it.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Years ago I picked up a BX-25 X2 banana clip style factory mag- thought that was a bit much for weight and functionality. That 110 has to add a good bit of heft to the gun.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I have Mitchell Arms 50 rounders and last shot them in the 80's. They worked just fine. In fact, they were great fun!

An area range had a rimfire range where you shot at steel about 50 feet away across a small pond. You could also toss lumber into the pond and chew it up with your fire.

One day there were about 20 of us plinking away when a carpenter, I presume, showed up with a car trunk load of 12-14 inch long pieces of 2x12's.

One at a time he'd wing a piece in the pond, and we'd all bring fire to bear on the chunk. Splinters were flying, water was splashing, and the chunk was disintegrated while being driven across the pond. Hundreds of rounds were expended in less than a minute. The Mitchell's held their own that day.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    This thread made me look for the mitchell mag and I found some mini14/ar15 magazines. They work in both, ramline I think. Memory lane...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Can't believe I found it...here's the original. Made by cwf or cnf for Mitchell Arms company. Does the new one have the handy dandy belt clip?

I have one of those around somewhere.

From what I recall, it worked fine.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    This thread made me look for the mitchell mag and I found some mini14/ar15 magazines. They work in both, ramline I think. Memory lane...

I have a few of those also.

Never actually ran them in either a Mini or and AR.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Mine are in plastic biohazard bags from when I found them in 2014. Never used them myself.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    So i picked up a lot of 6 at the auction today. These are the ones with a belt clip on the back, and each has the OEM winding crank.

Test fired all and they work quite well. They were all fully loaded with a mix of rather old 22LR, much of which is in bad shape, i need to dispose of those.

The mags need cleaning and some minor adjustments. After that, will put those i don't need up for sale (IAW all applicable laws).

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Ah, here's the pic. Worked great back in the 80's.

Attachments

• 10-22 Mitchell 50 rd mag.jpg
      10-22 Mitchell 50 rd mag.jpg
      89.3 KB · Views: 182

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads