• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    I'm still debating having the slide releases and takedown lever TiN coated, but it's such a b*tch to tear apart and reassemble....

No doubt, their improved function over glock comes at a complexity type price. They do have the most crisp trigger of any striker fired I've touched.

Regarding the TiNi, I could go either way, I really look the way it looks. Maybe a touch if gold on the frame would be even better? Not sure though.

I built a black widow themed gun, ended up to much red and sending parts back I paid to cerekote red, to cerekote black lol.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I went through HK, Sig, Beretta, before returning to Glock.

I shoot my HK the best, but with everything but the Glock, my thumb has a tendency to ride the slide lock and so fails to lock back on an empty mag. The glock slide lock is that perfect distance where no matter where my thumb is, i do not accidentally ride the slide lock. This seemingly small difference is what keeps me going back to my glock every time. It just works for me.

I had same experience with Glock pistol VS others. Over the years I had owned different pistols but been comfortable and getting very good with Glock.

Recently decided to buy Sig 226 and 229, because of the price - LEO trade in. Had last round lock back failed every time with these two. Thought it was the magazine issue. Then realized that it was my (Glock) grip that sat of top of Slide release on the Sig, accidently.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    No doubt, their improved function over glock comes at a complexity type price. They do have the most crisp trigger of any striker fired I've touched.

Regarding the TiNi, I could go either way, I really look the way it looks. Maybe a touch if gold on the frame would be even better? Not sure though.

I built a black widow themed gun, ended up to much red and sending parts back I paid to cerekote red, to cerekote black lol.

If I do it, I will just buy new parts from HKParts and have those coated so the gun is not out of service during the wait. Then, if I don't like the look - swap em back and sell the ones I had coated.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Here is that same G35 with the slide milled and the 9mm and 357sig barrels TiNi coated.

3Ia6MG8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom