• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'm for anything that might move understanding 2A forward, but am not sure this can have much impact. If you live in Baltimore City, you live in a different reality than where I live in Garrett County. There, the thugs already have guns and more laws won't matter. The generally law-abiding poor who have to live there just want less violence. They can't afford a gun and would like it if somebody took guns away from the thugs. So whether they understand it or not, 2A is just not important to them and fewer guns are better guns. Of course, it's not politically correct to legislate limits by ZIP code. The base issue is that Maryland (and other places) are trying to regulate lawlessness with laws. It won't work, can't work, unless the police, prosecutors and judges decide that we have to get thugs off the street and keep them off the street. But even that is not politically correct, because such efforts disproportionately impact communities. Of course they do. Baltimore City is disproportionately the source of crime. Hogan said the average murder victim in Baltimore City has been arrested 11.9 times by the time he (usually he) becomes a murder victim - one day he's the shooter and the next day, he's the victim. Am I the only person astonished by that figure? So the trend is the opposite - shorter sentences and judges putting thugs back on the street quickly, even after having committed awful crimes, leading to more violence, leading to more calls for gun control. Politicians are nothing if not reliable weather vanes. As much as I'd like a simple solution, I really can't see one.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I wonder if we could use this forum to have a conversation about that. We could have a conversation with an anti-gunner about criminal justice reform and finding common ground.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes, it a good idea to engage in this dialogue . We should regularly attempt to do so .

BUT it is a rare Anti that will even have a conversation. Their leadership is persuing their larger agenda, and gun issues are just a tool . Among the rest of their regulars , either their minds are made up, don't bother with facts , or they are brainwashed that "we" are evil nazi's , and everything we say about anything is both to be disbelieved , and inherently evil .

Our best avenues are engaging with the other sides newcomers, and on the fringes.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I see this as more of an opportunity for a fence sitter or casual anti.

I also think we need to avoid staffing the booth with white men.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I like how the cops shut down the rest of the interviews...

Looks like Crowder was on university property where Antis complained, so he lost his leverage and had to give up his ID—and then leave.

When the Patriot Picket took to the sidewalk the other night for a vigil for the Harford County shooting victims, the MD Capitol Police asked me, as the group leader, where was my permit. I told them we didn’t need a permit to be on the public sidewalk to engage in First Amendment activities.

Then they said, well then, we need to see your Driver’s License. I refused saying that people on public sidewalks who are not blocking passersby do not need to identify themselves.

They went away empty handed. You have to know where you have the absolute right to the First Amendment.

Attachments

• 52A3CC59-3D00-432B-BC83-301651D87A1F.jpg
      52A3CC59-3D00-432B-BC83-301651D87A1F.jpg
      87.6 KB · Views: 316
    Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm for anything that might move understanding 2A forward, but am not sure this can have much impact. If you live in Baltimore City, you live in a different reality than where I live in Garrett County. There, the thugs already have guns and more laws won't matter. The generally law-abiding poor who have to live there just want less violence. They can't afford a gun and would like it if somebody took guns away from the thugs. So whether they understand it or not, 2A is just not important to them and fewer guns are better guns. Of course, it's not politically correct to legislate limits by ZIP code. The base issue is that Maryland (and other places) are trying to regulate lawlessness with laws. It won't work, can't work, unless the police, prosecutors and judges decide that we have to get thugs off the street and keep them off the street. But even that is not politically correct, because such efforts disproportionately impact communities. Of course they do. Baltimore City is disproportionately the source of crime. Hogan said the average murder victim in Baltimore City has been arrested 11.9 times by the time he (usually he) becomes a murder victim - one day he's the shooter and the next day, he's the victim. Am I the only person astonished by that figure? So the trend is the opposite - shorter sentences and judges putting thugs back on the street quickly, even after having committed awful crimes, leading to more violence, leading to more calls for gun control. Politicians are nothing if not reliable weather vanes. As much as I'd like a simple solution, I really can't see one.

I would encourage you to look at what Maj Toure is doing with trying to educate the hood, with Black Guns Matter...

http://officialblackgunsmatter.com

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yup. Now if we could just institute a government that grasps (and enforces from) that concept.

Good example: the expansive elevated plaza at the US Supreme Court is OFF LIMITS to “unpermitted” First Amendment activity.

However, if one simply drops down to the public sidewalk, you’re good.

Attachments

• 32CACF79-C95C-4D5A-94C8-FB39A0BBD3CF.jpg
      32CACF79-C95C-4D5A-94C8-FB39A0BBD3CF.jpg
      110.1 KB · Views: 157

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads