• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Any sign of Green Drakes?

Yes sir the May Flies were pretty active mid afternoon. Ended up with 6 wild brookies today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      202 KB · Views: 418
    Last edited:

Rebel59

Hater of Kings and Queens
    Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    Went offshore for some sea bass Sunday. Caught 11 nice size keepers but nothing worthy of a picture. However I did get the insect bite from hell that was worthy of a doctors visit.

Attachments

• IMG_2743.jpg
      IMG_2743.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 404

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Went offshore for some sea bass Sunday. Caught 11 nice size keepers but nothing worthy of a picture. However I did get the insect bite from hell that was worthy of a doctors visit.

I've gotten no-see-um bites like that. Youch!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

almost looks like a tick bite...make sure you check for lyme disease...just to be safe...

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Jesus, when will it stop raining!! 2" again last night. No sense putting the kayak in the Potomac and wading the Antietam for trout and bass is rough, you can't see, the fish can't see, the water is swift, and move the lures too fast.

Good news is 97 days and 22 hours to bow season on my countdown. :party29:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Jesus, when will it stop raining!! 2" again last night. No sense putting the kayak in the Potomac and wading the Antietam for trout and bass is rough, you can't see, the fish can't see, the water is swift, and move the lures too fast.

Good news is 97 days and 22 hours to bow season on my countdown. :party29:

YAY!!!!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hit Black hills today. No luck early on for bass so i threw in some night crawlers and tore up the pearch. Totally worth it!!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    They're post-spawn. They should start feeding again soon.

Yeah figured that as none were holding beds. The water was super warm so i expected to see it more active but couldn’t get a bite. Did see them holding some nice structure though

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    I hit Eastern Bay and Thomas Point last night. Only caught a few keepers but caught a ton of fish.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I fished Liberty reservoir on Friday. Landed about 20 bass, nothing huge but a few 2 and 3 pounders but mostly 1.5 lbs. 95% of them on top water.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Thanks for all the reports! I find this very helpful.

I have one that is not Maryland but close enough...

I shore fished on Long Beach Island, NJ on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I also went out on an half day inshore charter on Friday. We used bunker and 6 oz weights and caught a lot of small sharks and nothing else.

I tried using shark as bait but that didn't work either. The guy fishing 50 yards down the beach from me (also with bunker and 6 oz weights) on Friday night caught the biggest striped bass I've ever seen in person. He could barely hold it by himself for the picture. It was dark and very windy but I could tell something huge had just been landed on the beach, so I ran over to look. Very impressive. I heard it might be a new state record. So they're out there!

We also put crab traps in the water on the bay side each day, also baited with bunker. No luck at all. Nothing was even feeding on them. Seems like the crabs are still in the ocean but I'm no expert. The friend who was hosting me said he catches dozens of crabs at this exact spot most years. So that makes me think the conditions just aren't right yet for the crabs to show up there.

Fun fact: sand shark is pretty tasty. I was expecting a mushy, flavorless mess but it turned out well. It tasted like just about any other white fish. I marinated it for half a day with Old Bay, vinegar, salt and oil. Then grilled it for a couple minutes a side. Not bad at all! I'd eat it again.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Nice fish, Do you mind sharing your bait? I don't fish Loch Raven, just Liberty and Prettyboy. I'm getting numbers but not anything with any size. Everything is under 3lbs. My go to's are PopR and craw jig.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    Nice fish, Do you mind sharing your bait? I don't fish Loch Raven, just Liberty and Prettyboy. I'm getting numbers but not anything with any size. Everything is under 3lbs. My go to's are PopR and craw jig.

4" Berkely power worm pumpkin seed color, Texas rigged with and 1/8 oz. weight. Do well with chatter baits too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom