• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Ok, so he won. Are we to anticipate he will do something about our rights now that he is a lame duck?
    Even if lightening, coconut, and shark hit all in same day on same person, there is absolutely nothing he would or could do. Gun grabbers have a supermajority and can override any veto. Hogan is not head of Maryland executive branch - he merely obeys the MGA's veto overrides. The MGA could eliminate the governor position and there's nothing he could do about it.

But we know/suspect he's looking at a Congressional gig - can't get that in MD without being a flaming RINO.

So, yea, I'm sure he'll help us...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Even if lightening, coconut, and shark hit all in same day on same person, there is absolutely nothing he would or could do. Gun grabbers have a supermajority and can override any veto. Hogan is not head of Maryland executive branch - he merely obeys the MGA's veto overrides. The MGA could eliminate the governor position and there's nothing he could do about it.

But we know/suspect he's looking at a Congressional gig - can't get that in MD without being a flaming RINO.

So, yea, I'm sure he'll help us...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep he used us like a condom to get elected and shot a load in us and threw it away. Typical scumbag politician.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    The way I see it, as long as the police can submit an ERPO anyone can essentially have your guns confiscated. Lets say you get into an argument with a neighbor and the police are called. While interviewing the neighbor, the officer enquires about firearms. Your neighbor knows that you hunt or has seen you loading your car with firearms to go to the range.

Isn't that a situation that COULD be used to have an ERPO filed against you? Since the police are acting out of concern for you or your neighbor, what's stopping the police officer from applying for the order and getting it? They may be acting on the information of someone not listed in the law, but since they can get the ERPO themselves, what's to stop this kind of thing from happening?

This is exactly what IS happening. People report to the police. The police then apply for the ERPO. It's the same process as reporting a crime and going to see the Court Commissioner and applying for charges, except now they go see a Judge.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    What about firearms collections that are in a legal Gun Trust?
    How would those legally be able to be confiscated since there are multiple Trustees?
    I see serious legal issues for the state when confiscating items from a Trust.

May 13, 2005
    Have statistics been posted on the ERPOs in this thread or elsewhere? Looking for complete breakdown by county, and each county denial rate.

Also, have the numbers come out for November ERPOs?

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I'm not sure that anyone has current accurate numbers on how many of these things have been filed. I assume by just listening to Police scanners and what not that it seems for many domestic calls this seems to be their go to method of dealing with disputes between neighbors / family members now. I would guestimate that the number of ERPO's filed is currently somewhere in the mid 300's range.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    How would those legally be able to be confiscated since there are multiple Trustees?

Well, Maryland's official position on Trusts is that a Trust can't own guns, and they belong to whichever Trustee is in possession of them.

In any case, that doesn't even matter, because the law doesn't say "firearms belonging to," it says "in the possession of." So if they are in the possession of the Respondent, then they would be seize-able under the law.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Wonder how LEO's are are going to treat muzzle loaders and black powder revolvers?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Come on, they are confiscating anything that goes bang or could go bang, shyte if you have a piece of pipe nailed to a board with a cap with a hole in it and a nail it’s gone!

Confiscation, your toys are gone!

Anyone else’s toys they think you may get are gone

Don’t tell them your buddy lives next door they might get his too for good measure

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Ok, so he won. Are we to anticipate he will do something about our rights now that he is a lame duck?

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

I'm glad I wasn't drinking when I read that.

What we can anticipate is for Hogan to do absolutely nothing at all except what is best for Hogan and his political career plans for after Maryland.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

As far as I can tell it has nothing to do with "your guns" but rather guns you have access to.

If you are a security guard and a company owns the gun it is going to be taken. If your wife has a gun that's in the dresser and the order is against you the gun is going to be taken.

It's not about who "owns" it it is about access to the firearm and ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom