• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g8tr

Mar 19, 2013
    Balto Co.
    All,

Saw one of these today, and I’m seriously wanting one. I’ve heard complaints about knuckles being rubbed raw by the ambidextrous safety selector - can anyone comment?

Thanks,
    g8tr

sasd18

Oct 29, 2017
    I have one. It definitely rubs you and makes it uncomfortable. I changed it out for an AK style safety. You can get just a safety delete as well for about 12$ or so which is just a flat piece. I’ve even seen people take a Dremmel and shave down the safety and that’s a good fix. Either way you have plenty of options. HBI is the main website for these I believe.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I’ve eyed them up several times. Shot a buddies at the range and thought it was ok. I struggle that virtually everywhere you touch is plastic. In the end, the only thing to gain over a 9mm ar is the folding stock but loose all the great things about an AR, specifically great triggers and interchangeable uppers. I decided that if I was going to spring for a new 9mm it would be a B&T...just waiting for the Glock lowers to come out.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I can confirm that the safety will rub. I can also confirm that it can be swapped for a $12-15 part in less than a minute.

I can definitely confirm it is the gun I love to shoot the most. Get it.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Love mine. It’s accurate and handles very well for a 9mm sub gun.

Attachments

• 1FFEFA38-2EE8-45F4-ADC3-812298B4B3C1.jpg
      1FFEFA38-2EE8-45F4-ADC3-812298B4B3C1.jpg
      76.4 KB · Views: 329

MD Shooter Envy

Nov 18, 2018
    Towson
    I have the Scorpion Carbine. Love it. Yes the right side factory safety will rub you raw.
    I did swap out right side safety to the HBI long safety. Took about 5 mins.

g8tr

Mar 19, 2013
    Balto Co.
    Enablers - all of you...:D I guess I have a decision to make once I sell my HK45: 1911 or the Scorpion? Can’t do both with 2 kids in college...

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Enablers - all of you...:D I guess I have a decision to make once I sell my HK45: 1911 or the Scorpion? Can’t do both with 2 kids in college...

If you decide on a Scorpion let me know I’ve been eyeing the HK SP5K but can’t justify having 2 that are so similar. I think we both live in the same area NW Baltimore County so if you want to try it out we could meet at CA, I’ll even supply the ammo ;)

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    CZ Scorpion with SB brace and 50rd drum.

Attachments

• 3990E830-EF1E-4FE8-AB86-BBCEDFB3BE0D.jpg
      3990E830-EF1E-4FE8-AB86-BBCEDFB3BE0D.jpg
      58.6 KB · Views: 242

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    In my opinion, the safety selector problem is totally overblown. I say shoot it first and see if you're bothered by it. If you don't like it, then it's an easy fix with the safety delete or the ak style selectors. I'm not bothered by it too much so I haven't changed yet. It totally shouldn't deter you from picking one up. Scorpions are awesome and you wouldn't be disappointed. There is also great aftermarket support for it. Attached is a picture of my Scorpion pistol with an ACR tailhook brace and my buddies pistol with a zhukov tailhook brace. Both brace adapters designed by danhagadesigns.com

Attachments

• BE172D06-B62B-4502-A554-7D19E49A148D.jpeg
      BE172D06-B62B-4502-A554-7D19E49A148D.jpeg
      151.8 KB · Views: 758

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    If you decide on a Scorpion let me know I’ve been eyeing the HK SP5K but can’t justify having 2 that are so similar. I think we both live in the same area NW Baltimore County so if you want to try it out we could meet at CA, I’ll even supply the ammo ;)

Get both you won’t be unhappy, delayed roller lock vs strait blow back

IMG_0033.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    In my opinion, the safety selector problem is totally overblown. I say shoot it first and see if you're bothered by it. If you don't like it, then it's an easy fix with the safety delete or the ak style selectors. I'm not bothered by it too much so I haven't changed yet. It totally shouldn't deter you from picking one up. Scorpions are awesome and you wouldn't be disappointed. There is also great aftermarket support for it. Attached is a picture of my Scorpion pistol with an ACR tailhook brace and my buddies pistol with a zhukov tailhook brace. Both brace adapters designed by danhagadesigns.com

Nice! I like the ACR Style Brace, That is one I have not seen before

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    Nice! I like the ACR Style Brace, That is one I have not seen before

Thanks!!! I had an oem CZ stock with a tailhook adapter on it for a while, which was really nice, but this ACR setup is much better. Not only does it look awesome, but I think it balances much better than oem.

Whatever way you go with a stock/brace setup, you can't go wrong with a Scorpion. Very accurate, easy to clean, and a joy to shoot. Puts a smile on my face every time I shoot it. The worst part is making sure I have enough food to feed it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom